Author Topic: Consider the JoAT Forum  (Read 11494 times)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Consider the JoAT Forum
« on: September 13, 2006, 12:02:38 PM »
Originally posted by Bernd:

This is just a reminder that we have a separate forum for all things that may be suited for the Journal of Applied Treknology. This would include:

- any Federation starship designs, decent drawing quality, no kitbashes, no überships.

- any kind of new technology with a consistent description.

So if you like to have your designs posted there (although we can't guarantee that), head over to the JoAT Forum.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Tyburn

• Prolific Member
  • Effing up the Ineffable plan since '75
    • View Profile
Re: Consider the JoAT Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:44:54 AM »
Okay, having looked on the journal, how do I submit? I noticed some argument regarding submissions, so I was just wondering do I just post straight on there, or send my idea to a moderator or what?

I have a (so far just a write-up) design for some personal equipment, and would like to see if it is good enough.

;D

Any replies either on this thread or straight to me, I'm easy either way.  ;)
I'm getting to that stage in life where I want to find a nice little place, settle down and spend my declining days on my porch, shitting in my hand and throwing it at passing cars. Is that too much to ask?

Offline shran

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 12:00:52 PM »
there is a submission form on the site. You can go straight away to it, at the submission form.
A terrible enfant called Peter/
Once sprinkled his bed with a gheeter/
His father got whoost/
Took hold of a cnoost/
And gave him a pack on his meeter.

Offline starhawk

• Veteran Member
  • I think too big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »
If you don't have an image, don't bother with that form. There are blazing signs all over the submission form that say that Things Without Images Shall Be Rejected No Matter What.

Post a thread in the Art/Design forum and we'll help you out.
:p

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 03:24:23 PM »
Starship submissions without images will be automatically rejected, it says nothing about technilogical submissions being rejected without an image, at least I can't see such a sign.

Offline starhawk

• Veteran Member
  • I think too big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 03:30:02 PM »
Okay, I officially don't know what I'm talking about then. NVM me.
:p

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »
I'm just going by what it says on the submission page, it could actually be that you need an image for technology  submissions as well, however, it just says you only need images for shuttle submissions.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 04:26:12 AM »
*thinks* I'll discuss this with Bernd, but I'm  fairly sure the last time I went through the submissions he mentioned 'don't bother the ones without an image'. JoAT is there, in part, so that people can visualise, plus it indicates that you thought about your submission more than just wrote down some stuff and call it tech ;)
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Rick King AIFD

• Veteran Member
  • official what-iffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 09:56:15 PM »
I know the Star Yacht is no where NEAR a typical trek universe ship. What would I need to do in order to tweak the ship to make it worthy of Joat submission?
........If I have failed, then I have failed while daring greatly, henceforth my place shall never be found amoung those timid souls who know not the thrill of victory or bitter defeat....

Offline Thommo1701

• Colonel Kyle Shafto
    • View Profile
    • USS Scimitar
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
Hopefully you know of the Spartan Class ,I have done, by now, is she ready for admission if i submit it now?

For those that done know. http://www.subspace-comms.net/index.php?topic=1346.150

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 06:31:51 PM »
If you want to submit something to the JoAT, start a thread there with your most polished art of the ship, along with an accompanying backstory and specs.
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson