Author Topic: Forum Policy on Plagiarism (PLEASE READ!!!)  (Read 9539 times)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Forum Policy on Plagiarism (PLEASE READ!!!)
« on: September 13, 2006, 12:25:19 PM »
Seeing that we have had a few recent incidents of plagarism, I believe that this needs be touched on. SCN: Trek Creativity will not tolerate any type of copyright infringement or plagarism. Not only is this highly illegal and punishable by international law, it is unethical to take credit for someone elses work. Plagarism is defined, in the opinion of the forum Administration and Moderation, as the usage or modification of someone elses work without the explicit permission of that person and without giving credit to that person for their work. It is requested that, even if you have someones permission to use their work, that you put a copyright notice that it is being used with permission and is work done by that person. Example being if I used work created by Felis Demens and modified the background, I would first gain his permission to use the artwork, then put a notice saying "image copyright Felis Demens, used with permission" in the image itself and in the posting.

If it is shown that someone uses plagarised or copyrighted material without getting prior permission from the author, you will be warned and asked for an explanation. If it happens a second time, then there is a high possibility of getting either a temporary ban or permanant ban, depending on the seriousness of the infraction.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:02:03 AM by Jimi James »
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Policy on Plagarism (PLEASE READ!!!)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:47:54 PM »
Attachment Update

Now that attachments work again thanks to moving here, you should also be aware that in this forum you can now post up to three attachments per post, with a maximum file size of 600kb. This those of us who like to post a couple of pics per update can do so without having to make a post for each attachment. Unless you have more than 3 pics, then you're just gonna have to spam another post or two  :P

EDIT: The maximum size per image is still 300kb.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:00:55 PM by Makaveli »

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Re: Forum Policy on Plagiarism (PLEASE READ!!!)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 10:03:38 AM »
Seeing that we have had a few recent incidents of plagiarism, I believe that this needs be touched on. SCN: Trek Creativity will not tolerate any type of copyright infringement or plagiarism. Not only is this highly illegal and punishable by international law, it is unethical to take credit for someone elses work. Plagiarism is defined, in the opinion of the forum Administration and Moderation, as the usage or modification of someone elses work without the explicit permission of that person and without giving credit to that person for their work. It is requested that, even if you have someones permission to use their work, that you put a copyright notice that it is being used with permission and is work done by that person. Example being if I used work created by Greg and modified the background, I would first gain his permission to use the artwork, then put a notice saying "image copyright Greg, used with permission" in the image itself and in the posting.

If it is shown that someone uses plagiarized or copyrighted material without getting prior permission from the author, you will be warned and asked for an explanation. If it happens a second time, then there is a high possibility of getting either a temporary ban or permanant ban, depending on the seriousness of the infraction.

Thank you.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Policy on Plagiarism (PLEASE READ!!!)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
Wrong button? :P