Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 228515 times)

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
New SCN Collections thread
« on: May 14, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Hadn't done one of these in a while so....

Post your collections.

After everyone here hearing about me being such a huge fan of the Sega Game Gear, heres my collection of Game Gear stuff.

Its only about 75% what it used to be due to having to sell some of it off ( damn bills!)

The Collection consist of:
Systems:

1 Sega Game Gear early Tuner compatible
1 Sega Game Gear late not Tuner compatible
1 Majesco Game Gear year 2000 limited re-release

Accessories:

1 Sega Game Gear TV tuner
1 Sega Game Gear battery pack, still charges up strong
1 Sega Game Gear AC Adapter

Games:
Sonic Spinball (boxed)
Ecco the Dolphin (boxed
Ecco the Dolphin 2 Tides of Time ( Boxed)
Desert Strike ( loose)
Jungle Strike (loose)
Desert Speedtrap (Road Runner & Wile Coyote, loose)
Shinobi 2 (loose)
Sonic Chaos (loose)
Sonic Triple Trouble (loose)
Mortal Kombat 2 (loose)
Shining Force (loose)
Defender of Oasis (loose)
Crystal Warriors (loose)

[attachment deleted by admin]
In Soviet Russia, computer fix YOU!

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:38:40 AM »
You got a tuner? Cool... I wanted that for such a long time but I really don't want to pay so much money for it.

I've got Mortal Kombat, Sonic 1 & 2, Columns and Batman Returns. Altough Sonic 2 is a bitch to play with the small screen, as stated by numerous other sites as they just cut the edges of. Seems that the endboss (never been there, got frustrated) is difficult because you can't see the escape tubes that protect you from "TEH RAY OF DEATH"TM.
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 11:19:17 PM »
yeah sonic 2 GG version was a letdown. Sonic 1, Chaos, and Triple Trouble however rocked.

The TV Tuner is pretty cool. It gets better reception than our Den TV, and it has an AV plug. I once plugged my XBOX and played Halo through the GG screen. When the contrast is adjusted right, the GG screen is fairly sharp. Alot sharper than I expected.

a note on the Tuner. you have to check the model number to see if your GG is compatible. Only the early GGs ( first two years) can use the tuner. The info is pretty easy to find online. I found that non-compatible GGs will output the sound from a tuner, just not the picture.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:23:29 PM by NRSD Moonshadow »

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:33:03 AM »
That means I'll have to track down those two then...
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »
Chaos is fairly easy to find, Triple Trouble however took me 4 years to find.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 11:36:39 PM »
Since the last time I posted in the old Collections thread, I've added to my collection:

Masterpiece Starscream
Classics Optimus Prime
Classics Bumblebee
Classics Cliffjumper
Classics Grimlock
Classics Starscream
Classics Ramjet
Classics Jetfire
Classics Hot Rod
Classics Astrotrain
Cybertron Optimus Prime (Armada Optimus Prime Redeco)
Cybertron Optimus Prime (10th Anniversary Optimus Primal Redeco)
Cybertron Megatron (10th Anniversary Beast Wars Megatron Redeco)
Cybertron Smokescreen
Movie Preview Optimus Prime
Movie Preview Starscream
3" Titanium Series Starscream
Battle-in-a-Box Optimus Prime and Megatron
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 08:03:24 AM »
Well I lost my complete Transformers collection over time. I only have Robots in Disguise OP which I bought some time ago.

Is Masterpiece Starscream any good? I'm actually hoping they will make a Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime masterpiece on time. Perhaps one that even... 'morphs' into Prime state. But I guess that's just me hoping the impossible...
*Doorbell Sound*

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »
Hot Rod is now in the KISS Player line in Japan. But guess what it looks like Hasbro is gearing up to resume the Alternator line after the movie, and Hot Rod is one of the figures to be released. He's a repaint of Mirage with a new head sculpt.

Before the line went on hiatus, Hasbro was working on a Megatron Alternator, he is/was going to be a Cadillac XLR. If they do resume the line aft there movie, the changes of Ol' Megs being released will be more likely.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:21:13 AM by Xero »
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 04:13:48 PM »
The Movie figures were released yesterday. Today I found out I has $355 on my HBC card so I went down and picked up Voyager Blackout, Voyager Ratchet, and Leader Class Optimus Prime.

Blackout and Prime are sweet as hell. But Ratchet has me floored. He's the only Transformer I ever got that seemed to have more mass after it was transformed into robot mode. He seems to get bigger, I don't mean taller, but also wider.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 04:17:56 PM by Xero »

Offline Chemahkuu

• Distinguished Member
  • Resident Insufferable Treknobabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 06:33:01 AM »
Just dug out and cleaned my Dreamcast and Game Gear.  Was going to catalouge all of the games but ended up playing Sonic Adventure 1 all morning lol.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 07:14:13 PM »
Well, let's see... Some of the most recent additions to my collection include....

The Reaver Set. http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/eCat/swords_and_knive/historical/swords/officially_licensed_reaver_sword_and_axe_set_w_plaque_river_s_dueling_set_from_serenity.aspx

A Black handle Double Shadow. http://www.vaulscastle.com/armory.htm (scroll down to the bottom.)

A couple of different cutlasses. (one apparently was used in the movie Master & Commander)

And this: http://www.casiberia.com/product_details.asp?id=SH2165 ;)
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 09:26:57 PM »
that Korean Sword is sweet!

I'm planning on getting a replica of Sephiroths Sword sometime soon. Bud K, about 5 miles down the road from here, has a few.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »
I had a feeling that the Korean one would be the one to get attention. :D

I did a little independent research, apparently the originals were used in Korea's final Imperial Dynasty by the Emperor's bodyguards.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 09:34:56 PM by Fiery Little One »

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 03:34:40 AM »
I picked up two new figures: Transformers Real Gear, one is a Cell Phone, the other a Camera. I also picked up Optimash Prime, which is a Mr. Potato Head with accessories to make him look like Optimus Prime.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 02:29:30 PM »
Just picked up Real Gear Longview and Zoom Out 25X (Yes that's his name: Zoom Out 25X). I also picked up Deluxe '78 Camaro Bumblebee, and Deluxe Barricade (they were in a Versus pack).

My brother's girlfriend phoned 30 minutes ago to inform me she picked up Voyager Class Starscream, and Ironhide, for me.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 08:32:17 PM »
 8)

Offline Chemahkuu

• Distinguished Member
  • Resident Insufferable Treknobabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 06:35:47 AM »
Rather than type out all my games, I'll limit it to the Sonic ones since I got some new ones lately.

Mega Drive
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D

Saturn
Sonic Jam (1, 2, 3, Knuckles, World)
Sonic 3D

Game Gear
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic Chaos
Sonic Triple Trouble
Tails' Adventure

Dreamcast
Sonic Adventure 1
Sonic Adventure 2

PC
Sonic CD
Sonic and Knuckles Collection (3, Knuckles)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (1, 2, 3, Knuckles, Spinball, 3D , Mean Beam Machine (MD), 1, Chaos, Drift, Labrynth, Blast, Mean Beam Machine (GG))
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders
Sonic Adventure DX (Sonic Adventure Directors Edition.  All 12 Game Gear games)

Cannot get Knuckles Chaotix since I don't have the 32X and it hasn't been released for anything else, cannot get Shadow the Hedgehog since its not out for the PC or Dreamcast.  And Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 sounds like a complete Temporal clusterfuck of a game that gets completely reset in the end.

Currently playing Heroes.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »
I can't get Knuckles Chaotix simply because its a bitch to find. Would be a nice addition to my 32x collection since it only consist of Star Trek Bridge Simulator, Star Wars Arcade, and Doom. ( i swear they made Doom for just about everything)

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »
I picked up the Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmut today. it's pretty cool as a coffee table decoration.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 07:46:14 PM »
 8)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 06:23:50 AM »
The Movie figures were released yesterday. Today I found out I has $355 on my HBC card so I went down and picked up Voyager Blackout, Voyager Ratchet, and Leader Class Optimus Prime.

Is that the real nice one I commented on in the Transformers movie thread?

Nothing much on my horizon.  I recently purchased the millenium edition of "I Spit on your Grave" that's signed by Joe Bob Briggs (the guy who used to host monster vision on TNT) from his site.  I was just expecting a standard signature on the disc but he actually personalized it! The movie is cool but its his commentary that makes it worth the purchase!
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »
Yes, that's the big movie Optimus Prime. It it very detailed. Just and excellent figure all around.

Today I was surprised when Zellers actually got new figures in, after 2 weeks. Bumblebee and Barricade I already had. But searching through the shelf I was able to grab myself, Wreckage, Jazz, Brawl, and Scorponok.

All I need now is Megatron, Swindle, and Bonecrusher (which my brother's girlfriend said she saw at a Wal-Mart in Whitby, so she's picking it up for me)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 11:54:12 PM »
^^^Will they be doing a deluxe version of Starscream for the movie? Im definetly picking up a Prime but after seeing the trailer I'm liking Starscream even more.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 08:50:02 AM »
Starscream only comes in the Voyager class, which is bigger then the Deluxe class.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 12:58:51 PM »
Got my hands on Bonecrusher and Swindle, plus Classics Megatron