Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 228155 times)

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 01:26:21 PM »
I was at Walmart earlier and thought about buying some of the Transformers stuff they had. I'll probably pick something up later, though.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 02:55:46 AM »
Starscream only comes in the Voyager class, which is bigger then the Deluxe class.

Ok thanks for the info. 
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »
Just Picked up An Optimus Prime ZipZap today. Pretty cool little R/C truck. Its also the first ZipZap with 3 axles, as well as the first Semi-Truck ZipZap. It of course is Vehicle Mode only.

The pic shows what it looks like so I'll mostly comment on how it runs. It certainly handles like i expected it since its abit front heavy and has a double rear axle, so its much like a real bobtail semi in that respect. It comes with the orange 21,000 rpm motor which is a bit fast for those wanting it to be like a real semi, so i put my smaller 16,000 rpm motor iin it and gave it the high gear ratio ( slower acceleration, but higher top end) This setup works quite well and its still quite fast. I tried the NX 34,000 rpm motor from my stock and while it was fast as hell, it hanlded like shit and because it has both a stronger motor and working headlights, its runtime per charge was dramaticly shorter. It appears they put the light circuits from an SE in them, but kept the standard 120ma ZipZap battery( the SEs used 225 ma batteries)

Overall it will be quite a fun ZipZap out of the box and for those that like to tune their ZipZaps, it can prove to be a nice challenge setting it up just right.

Its only con is it really should have been done as a ZipZap SE, which has better controls ( which could help with the handling) and a stronger battery ( so you can run with lights and the 34,000 rpm motor)

The battery issue with faster motors can be solved buy unplugging the lights .

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:02:02 PM by NRSD Moonshadow »
In Soviet Russia, computer fix YOU!

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »
figured I'd include a Pic of my whole ZipZap collection as well

from left to right

Optimus Prime, Herbie, Sprinter Trueno from Initial D( ZipZap SE), Spiderman Hummer Monster Truck( with chrome rims), and Fast&the Furious Eclipse.

I have several mods as well that are not pictured, including different body shells.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:29:04 PM by NRSD Moonshadow »

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 12:47:50 AM »
Got my hands on most of the Transformers Robot Heroes. All I need is the Soundwave/Ultra Magnus, and the Bumblebee/Megatron sets. I also got Real Gear Booster X10, who looks alot like Laserbeak.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 09:51:22 PM »
I found the Bumblebee/Soundwave, and the Ultra Magnus/Megatron Robot Heroes today. I just Wal-mart had the exclusive 5 packs out, like they were supposed to 2 1/2 weeks ago, along with the rest of the movie related figures.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 11:27:56 PM »
I got a friend of mine to order the Titanium Battlestar Pegasus on eBay, so it should be here before too long.

On a side note, do you guys tend to go with the extreme collector's viewpoint? As is it's only worthwhile if it's sealed in the original packaging. I personally don't, and the Peg is not going to sit in it's package forever. It's coming out and sitting on my nighttable.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 11:45:21 PM »
With my collection, I believe Transformers figures are meant to be opened and played with. Sometimes I get an amazing figure, and I'll end up buying two, one to have open on the shelf, and one sealed in the box, and put away in storage.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 10:48:30 PM »
Just a heads up on RS's RCs themed after the Transformers movies. In Addition to the Zip Zaps ( OP, Bumblebee and Barracade) they also have XMOD BumbleBee and Baracade and a R/C Starscream Micro Flyer.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »
Just got Voyager Ironhide and Voyager Starscream, as well as Titamuim The Fallen, and Real Gear Power Up VT6
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 04:35:46 PM by Xero »

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2007, 09:07:52 PM »
I thought it would be cool, just to show you guys just part of my collection. I have another 14-15 Transformers in a box on the floor under those shelves, and about 50-60 more in boxes in the storage room.

You can see Masterpiece Starscream, and Masterpiece Optimus Prime are the centerpieces of these two shelves. These shelves hold my Alternators (3 of them are at the back of the top shelf), Classics, and a few Cybertron, and Energon figures.

These shelves are a full of Classics, Movie, Real Gear, Cybertron, Legends of Cybertron, Energon, Robot Heroes, Unleashed, and Titanium figures. You can see movie Optimus Prime is the centerpiece of the top shelf, with Cybertron Optimus Prime serving as Centerpiece of the other two shelves.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 04:29:43 AM »
^^^Good Golly Miss Molly!
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 05:12:16 AM »
Yesterday I ordered Alternators Ravage (the Jaguar version where he's a jaguar, and not a humanoid with a cat's head), Alternators Rumble, Roveltech Optimus Prime, the teaser poster for the new movie (the big ones that hang in theater lobbies  ;D ), and pre-ordered Masterpiece Megatron, and a Diamond Select Omega Supreme statue

Everytime I head off to Zellers or Wal-Mart to pick up something small, and un-transformers related, I always come home with atleast $200 worth of figures.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 10:02:39 PM »
Until today, the only Transformers toy, that I remember getting, was........Scourage. The decals haven't held up terribly well over the years, but, uhh... hehe. That has changed. I now have a Leader class movie Prime. Plus, I also bought the Prequel and Movie Adaption comics. ;D

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 05:32:09 PM »
I now have the Leader class Movie Megatron, and I decided to pick up the 20th anniversary edition of the 1986 Transformers movie. ;D

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 08:42:53 PM »
I still can't find Megatron.

Be carfull , once you start collecting, you can't stop, until you go insane.  :P

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 08:50:19 PM »
Dammit now the "Transformers Bug" bit me! I now have a movie Deluxe Autobot Jazz protecting my iMac.  Can't Really Afford the Voyager and Leader Class, but even the deluxe Class is pretty impressive ( though i don't remember transforming them being THIS complicated)

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »
The transformations have been getting more and more conmplicated sincethe introduction of the ball joint during Beast Wars.

Personaly I'm not a big fan of the Jazz figure. It looks like one person designed the legs and got everything right, and someone else designed the upper body, and got everything wrong.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »
I picked Jazz because it was the only Jazz ( and only Autobot for that matter) at My Local Wal-Mart. I'm thinking of getting Either Baracade or Bonecrusher next.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 09:05:06 PM »
Bonecrusher is a great figure. But if you find them, get Wreckage and Swindle.They are the best Deluxe figures so far.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:11:42 PM by Xero »

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2007, 09:13:18 PM »
Swindle is plentiful at my Wal-Mart.  Mostly they had Swindle, Bonecrusher, Brawl, and Baracade in the deluxe class, Blackout and Starcream in the Voyager Class and two Leader Class Optimus Primes. They also had a two pack with the 1984 Prime and the 2007 Prime. The vehicle mode on the 1984 Prime from that set looked crappy.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2007, 09:15:52 PM »
I have that Prime from the Optimus Prime vs Megatron 2 pack, and it'vs very crappy. The Starscream Voyager is a nice figure. It's actually changed many people's minds about Starscream's design.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2007, 09:18:20 PM »
I saw a Movie Starscream when I went for the Megatron, I think the Starscream was Voyager class, and I was surprised to see that it had that automorph feature I had thought was only on the Leader class toys.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
All the figures from Deluxe to Leader have some kind of auto morph. Some of the auto morphs gimmicks are nothing more then, pull the arms out, and the head pops up. Some like Starscream and Iron hide have drastic changes when the auto morpoh happens. WIth STarscream, the wholle of the upper body changes. With Ironhide, the truck front pops up, and the when the feet are pulled down, heal comes down, the rear tires rotate to the back of the legs, and a panel moves over.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 12:29:53 PM »
I still can't find Megatron.

Be carfull , once you start collecting, you can't stop, until you go insane.  :P

I found Megs in a couple of Walmarts in the Toronto area, where I've been for the better part of this week.