Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 228154 times)

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 12:58:49 PM »
I may have to get Ashley to take a look at the Toys R Us and Wal-Mart in Whitby for me.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2007, 02:01:26 PM »
Well, I've opened both of them, and I find the instruction sheet, for Optimus at least, to be less then helpful...
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2007, 02:08:10 PM »
The instrustions for the movie figures are horrible. Of course I've always hated Hasbro's instructions.

I much prefer TakaraTomy's, they use actual photographs.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »
Well, that sucks.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
Theres a Megatron at the Moultrie Wal-Mart but I'd have to cancel my Starliner Grand-Reopening Trip if i bought it. I might get one of the leader classes if i have a descent amount of money after the trip.
In Soviet Russia, computer fix YOU!

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2007, 11:44:28 PM »
I finally received my Pegasus earlier this week and I'm pretty satisfied. The detail is what I'd expect at this size and the colouring is ok. My only real complaint is the flight pods, which, being plastic are too flexible and seem to have warped, if only slightly. The only way I could improve this miniature would be to replace the plastic parts.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 11:17:21 PM »
Picked up a Bonecrusher. Great model, but the instructions were worse than Jazz's. After the Starliner Trip, I'll see what money i have left and maybe get a Leader OP and a Voyager Class either Starscream or Ironhide, can't decide since i like them both.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2007, 11:40:49 PM »
Well, I can speak from experience that Leader OP's instructions might as well have been written in Egyptian Hieroglyphs for all the good it did me. That said, I tend to keep him in robot mode anyway. As for other figures... I'm mulling over Voyager Starscream, myself.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2007, 08:39:43 AM »
My Alternator Ravage and Rumble, and Revoltech Convoy (Optimus Prime) arrived. Man they are cool figures.

The smooth sleek lines of the Jaguar XK match perfectly with the jaguar form of Ravage.

The possiblity of the Revoltech line is outstanding.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
In my "scouting for what might be left over after the Starliner Trip" mission today I went to the Moultrie Wal-Mart again today and found they have two big Transformers sections. One near the front and the other in toys where they usually are. I Found several OP and Megs Leader class, three Deluxe Bumblebees, Several  Voyager Ironhides, 4 Starscreams, 2 Ratchets , two Deluxe Wreckages, and a crapload of Baracades and Bonecrushers. They also had some Classic Deluxe Transformers, 2 Mirages and a Jet of some sort ( not Starscream).

So it appears the Transformers goldmine in this area is Moultrie Wal-Mart.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2007, 06:01:45 PM »
If it's a big red and white jet, in a box, then it's Jetfire, of it's on a card then it's probably Ramjet

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »
Yeah  Ramjet sounds right.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2007, 09:03:02 PM »
Ramjet is a good figure. I suggest you pick it up. He's one of the "Conehead" Seekers

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2007, 12:21:08 AM »
Remind me some time to lay out my Space Marine army for you guys. It's pretty large, for all that I've done with it. Sadly, it's not up to Chapter standards, like I plan to reach someday. But that requires a large investment in Thunderhawks.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2007, 11:21:20 AM »
I've got updates on 2 fronts.

1. TF: Voyager Starscream, Ironhide and Ratchet.

2. Knives: 3 Gil Hibben pieces: The 1990 Silver Shadow, slightly scratched up but I am lucky to get it even in that condition, the 2007 Immortal, both the Regular and the Gold versions. And a movie replica, Chem'll probably hate me for this one I'm sure... The Sword of Viktor.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »
Well, I opened my Starscream and Ironhide. They were relatively simple to do, though Ironhide's instructions were not as clear as Starscream's were.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2007, 02:24:28 PM »
How do you like them?

By the way, I was able to find Voyager Megatron. I still can't find Leader Megatron, though.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2007, 02:48:26 PM »
Down here in Georgia Leader Class OPs and Megs are all over the place, Its the Deluxe and Voyager Classes of the two that a pain to find. Also , all three Bumblebees I've spotted are now gone. BTW is the 2007 OP in the 1984/2007 set the same as the Deluxe version?

I did pick up a Voyager Starscream to break a $100 for my trip tomarrow. Haven't taken it out of my car yet because we're in the middle of a T-storm at the moment.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2007, 04:05:27 PM »
How do you like them?

By the way, I was able to find Voyager Megatron. I still can't find Leader Megatron, though.

They're not as articulated as I'd like, but there's only so much you can do with something that size, I suppose. I'm not terribly fond of Starscream's legs, some joints seem too tight and as a result I would have put the 'break away' point much higher on the inner legs. His missile launchers are incredibly sensitive, too.

As for Ironhide... The only thing that I find note worthy is that half of his joints are looser then the others.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2007, 08:54:47 PM »
I just pre-ordered Leader Class Brawl,  Voyager Thundercracker (a remold and redeco of Starscream) and Voyager Rescue Ratchet (a redeco for Ratchet, with G1 colours), and Longarm, a robot version of the towtruck Megan Fox drives in the movie.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
I just got Deluxe '08 Bumblebee, Dreadwing and Arcee.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »
new Bumblebee is out already?

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2007, 01:59:19 AM »
Yep. He's one of the first released in Wave 2

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2007, 02:08:43 AM »
Ive had my eye on "movie Voyager Starscream" but uh quick question what is a "voyager" transformer?
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2007, 02:29:57 AM »
It's normally larger, has more detail, and more complicated transformations.