Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 149841 times)

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #925 on: November 23, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »
Went shopping today and picked up the new Unicron, TRU exclusive here. Honestly, I think I like how this one looks a bit better than the last Hasbro release.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 21, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
Out shopping again and found Air Raid. Been mulling this one over for a bit and since Walmart was having a sale, I figured 'why not? worst that could happen is I'm out ~$10.'

UPDATE: Opened him up and... I can see why most reviewers bend his elbows 'backwards.' The only thing I can't say I care for is the big hunk of plane he has for a backpack. Otherwise... He's not all that bad. If you're thinkin' about him, go for it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:12:59 PM by Fiery Little One »

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 25, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »
Xmas haul (so far): One book: Tiger's Voyage, an External Hard Drive and the Bowie from the Expendables.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 03, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
Haven't been very active lately due to the move to Norfolk ( both on the boards and with my collections) but I've added a rare variant of the Atari Lynx to my classic video game collection. Its the very first Lynx design thats wider, slimmer, and an even louder speaker than the Lynx II design that's more common.

I found the Norfolk area is a goldmine for classic gaming collectors with no less than 5 independent gaming shops that deal in all eras of gaming from the Atari Days to the Current stuff. Game Stop won't be seeing me very much in this area, despite being everywhere like Starbucks.
In Soviet Russia, computer fix YOU!

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 05, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »
Just got a couple of calenders that my dad forgot to give me for Xmas: The 2012 Sotl calender and a 19 month one for DOTM.

Offline NRSD Moonshadow

• Toot! Toot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 12, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »
Added Rampart, Batman Returns, Basketbrawl, Xenophobe, Power Factor, and Ninja Gaiden to my Lynx collection.

So now the Collection consist of the aforementioned games, One Lynx 1, One Lynx 2, Blue Lightning, Hydra, Steel Talons, Pit Fighter, and Crystal Mines 2.

At this rate my Lynx Collection will start to rival my Game Gear collection.
In Soviet Russia, computer fix YOU!

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 18, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
Went shopping again today, and outside of picking up the latest version of Paint Shop Pro, I managed to get Sky Shadow and Junkheap. PSP at Wallyworld and the other 2 at a comic shop.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 10, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »
Ok so my Matty Collector Ghost Trap is on its way and just yesterday I picked up leader class Sentinel prime...what a lovely figure.
"Yes, yes, now that's what I like to hear. The indomitable spirit and righteous indignation of the human species. I've heard it a million times defending a billion atrocities, and it's still music to my ears." - The Devil, "Brimstone"

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 10, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »
That reminds me Razor, we need one of your regularly irregular commentaries on the State of SCN.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 10, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
Commentaries?  Please elaborate.
"Yes, yes, now that's what I like to hear. The indomitable spirit and righteous indignation of the human species. I've heard it a million times defending a billion atrocities, and it's still music to my ears." - The Devil, "Brimstone"

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 10, 2012, 09:12:39 PM »
I don't recall what you called them, it was organized a bit like the celebrity tabloids, except, you know, yours was interesting.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 10, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »
Oh SCN secrets...I'll have to think some up.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »
Well folks I'd like to say I got Generations wheeljack but I have to return him to amazon because he was missing a piece.  Normally I would have just ignored a missing weapon or such but uh the piece that was missing was his freakin head!!! Great quality control you got there Hasbro.

On the plus side picked up some long awaited DVD's and blu-rays including "From Beyond" nothing like seeing Jeffrey Combs suck out a woman's brain through her eyeball.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:31:46 AM by Razor »

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 17, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
My Matty collector ghost trap came today!!!!!  It is beautiful!

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 17, 2012, 03:18:14 PM »
Is it the one peagh reviewed last year?

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 17, 2012, 07:33:23 PM »
This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZG_nPwlzOA

Oh yeah!  I also ordered a new Classics wheeljack and a Scourge from hasbro toyshop now I'll have all 3 unicronian decepticons.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 23, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »
Well Scourge and Wheeljack arrived yesterday wheeljack is nice but he feels a little frail in some parts.  Scourge is awesome though.  Not better than Cyclonus (Though I think it will be a while before they top Cyclonus) but better than Galvatron.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 23, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »
Anything's better than Galvatron. But, yeah I think they're both good ones.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 23, 2012, 05:06:23 PM »
^^^You know I didnt think Galvatron was all that bad.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 24, 2012, 02:40:14 AM »
10 minutes, 2 people and a fork was involved, right out of the package. One way.

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »
Seriously, you can't unwrap the cheerleaders Razor sends you like that, it's bad for the warranty.

New Haven Chronicles

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »
ALL FUCKIN SALES ARE FINAL NO FUCKIN REFUNDS!!!!!

Damn thats a meme we havent used in a while.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
Noted for next ti... (shifty eyes)

Anyway, went out and about again today and not only can I confirm that Prime RID is out here, but so are the Bot Shots. The latter of which I decided to buy from, Optimus.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 27, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »
Zellers is still only selling Dark of the Moon figures here, and Wal Mart ::SPIT:: doesn't have any Transformers.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Eminent Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 27, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
Hmm... Crappy. Zellers, Bayshore for my Bot Shot. They had 6, IIRC, Prime figs, 3 Bumblebees and 3 Cliffjumpers. I wasn't overly interested in either. The only other noteworthy pick up that I forgot to mention in my last post was I finally got Captain Power on DVD today, mulled for the last month and a half, didn't see it once in the 2 Walmarts I stopped at last week (Walmart the most common place to find it recently for me) walked into HMV and it didn't take 2 minutes looking through the TV section...