Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 216581 times)

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #1300 on: December 09, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »
Out today, just one this time.

Darth Revan - I know the basics for him and he has an interesting look.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 24, 2016, 11:54:02 PM »
We decided to open a little early.

Trek:
Ships of the Line Calendar
A 'Best of' magazine

Wars:
R2 and Vader Hallmark Ornaments

Doctor Who:
Last year's Xmas Special

Family Guy:
A "Super Friends" style parody shirt

Misc:
A MAD Magazine related book
The usual edibles
A Giftcard

We may do the stockings some time tomorrow.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 25, 2016, 07:39:50 AM »
My Halo book collection is one step closer to being complete with Halo Escalation Vol. 4.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 25, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »
Round 2, the Stocking - The usual edibles. A couple of which are Star Wars themed. I chuckled a bit when I found out one of them was Vader's head.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:59:11 PM by Fiery Little One »

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 06, 2017, 06:38:39 PM »
Out today. TFA 3PO this time. Not who I was expecting to see, but I'm not going to wait 3-6 months and get a version that may not be terribly accurate.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: January 06, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »
I got $150 for Christmas, and it took a few days but I picked up a couple of things, I got the Ezio Collection for $40, Mafia III for $20.

But more importantly, I bought two new Transformers, Titans Return Hardhead and Highbrow. They should be here some time next week. I need to dig out my original G1 versions and have the four displayed side-by-side.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 08, 2017, 03:34:46 AM »
Ive got the DST romulan Bird or prey coming my way.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 10, 2017, 10:43:16 PM »
My diamond select romulan Bird of prey came yesterday.  Its a damn work of art.  The lights and sounds are spectacular and the sculpt is wonderful.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 10, 2017, 10:47:21 PM »
I got my Transformers today... I love them.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 11, 2017, 06:05:20 PM »
I got Hardhead due to people saying he seemed like GEN Warpath and Warpath was one of my favs from that line. While I agree he's similar, that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Anyway, I was out earlier and I picked up some Star Wars stuff.

The Black Series:
AT-AT Driver - This one was on my get-at-some-point list.

Titanium Series:

Death Star - After getting Krennic, I realized I could use this thing like an in scale 3 foot model for him to look over.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 29, 2017, 07:11:26 AM »
Just picked up the Eaglemoss Enterprise-J

Oooh I have been waiting a long time for this!

The nacelles and pylons feel fragile but the saucer is complete metal so it dosent feel as frail.  I really hope it gets the jumbo treatment later on. The newer ships seem to be using a silver finish to them, the fed scout ship from Insurrection had a really nice finish to it lets hope they keep it up.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 31, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »
I have added to my Manga collection today, Ghost in the Shell. I found it today and with the live action movie coming out in March, and my already being familiar with it through Stand Alone Complex, why not see where it all came from.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 05, 2017, 03:12:31 PM »
A figure and some books today.

Star Wars:

Princess Leia - This one I wanted to get first in the new year, but she became very scarce very quickly.

Star Trek:

The Prey mini series. - The fact that they seem to be revisiting something from earlier in the books caught my attention.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:40 PM »
Out yet again and after being impressed with the GitS manga last week I saw the sequels and picked them both up. The fact that one of them is flipped confuses me a bit, though.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 11, 2017, 09:38:12 PM »
Added a new firearm to the collection, also my first pistol.   8)

A Romanian Tokarev TTC that was made in 1956.

"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 11, 2017, 11:10:59 PM »
Nice piece.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 13, 2017, 02:29:43 AM »
I'm looking forward to adding to this collection at the local gun show in March.  I'm hoping to find a Turkish Mauser from WWI, because those are still pretty cheap and also pretty good rifles from what I hear.  And maybe a MAS-36 or a Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk III* if I can find a good one.   8)

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 17, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
Out again today. Just the one this time. Obi-Wan, of this wave I only have the Imperial Snowtrooper to pick up.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 28, 2017, 01:41:33 AM »
Just picked up the Revell snap and play Stardestroyer kit.  Well since Hasbro has decided not to do big ships and the unwashed masses seem to be fine with picking up "Boba Fett with his head turned slightly to the left" Ive decided to take Revell up on their offer and get this.  Its easy to put together no paint required and the lights and sounds are great.  I hope they do a Super Star Destroyer and the Finalizer.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 04, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »
Picked up a Type 99 Arisaka today.  8)  Got a good price on it.  Downside is ammo is kinda spendy.  :-\

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: March 17, 2017, 05:07:43 PM »
Out again today. Just the one this time. Obi-Wan, of this wave I only have the Imperial Snowtrooper to pick up.

I was out earlier and I did just that today.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 13, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »
Out today, spent a bit more than I might have liked but now I have my Darth Vader. (I picked up the Legacy Pack.) I also found out through a friend that the carded figures are being sold through Walmart right now. She picked out the Han re-release. I was expecting it to get a "Do Not Sell" like it was 2 weeks ago at TRU. At the time we were told they don't go on sale til the 28th of this month. Either Walmart was told differently or they will get a talking to by Hasbro at some point.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 02, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »
B-day haul:

Star Wars

Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide.
AT-ACT Driver - This was a surprise to me since I got it from TRU, in the States it's available from Target. It was my pick-up-in-person item of the day. I was expecting to see some of the 40th stuff, and they did have some just nothing I wanted due to having previous releases of what was there.

Transformers

A couple of pendents. One an Autobot symbol, the other Age of Extinction's logo.

Doctor Who

A TARDIS pendent.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 09, 2017, 12:46:31 PM »
Just picked up 3 new Eaglemoss ships 1 old 2 new.  1 - The Maquis raider, the detailing is slightly off but the model itself is one big chunk of metal and is quite nice.  2- Romulan Scout ship, great job on this one granted its kind of a simple design. 3-New orleans class,  Kind of meh...its accurate but the color feels wrong considering its from a ship that barely got screentime though I am impressed.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 09, 2017, 01:09:46 PM »
Hmm... Of the 3, I'd probably go for the New Orleans.

Anyway, I was out today, partly for medical reasons, but mostly for shopping. I went older myself this time, Palpatine. I picked up the newer Vader, it didn't seem right not to pick up the Emperor at some point.