Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 220710 times)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #1325 on: May 10, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »
Oh yeah its a nice model....and never for the life of me thought anyone would ever make one.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 10, 2017, 02:14:39 PM »
It not being one of the go-to designs is pretty much why I'm inclined to go with it.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 18, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
Out today and I picked up OT Han Solo, the 40th anniversary re-release.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 24, 2017, 11:09:07 PM »
Just picked up the eaglemoss Norway class.  Didnt really think I was gonna get it but damn its rather nice.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 28, 2017, 01:06:10 PM »
Ventured a little further out then normal, based on info we were given on Thursday. I picked up EB Games exclusive R5-D4. This one was, oddly, tougher to pick up than the 3PO they had a while back.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 31, 2017, 07:44:07 AM »
Just picked up the Eaglemoss Neghvar model.  If you're not a subscriber and you've been considering this one for a purchase...DONT!  This model is terrible.  Some of the paint apps are nice but no windows (the starboard wing disruptor broke on mine) the details are bland and the parts sticking out back from the warp nacelles and daughter craft are open and hallow on the bottom.  Plus Im pretty sure that the wings themselves are too thin.  What a dissapointment.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 31, 2017, 06:03:55 PM »
Thanks for the PSA.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 01, 2017, 02:40:56 AM »
You're quite welcome.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 15, 2017, 02:23:47 PM »
Last month, I first heard about something that I suspect a lot of you already know about. Fidget spinners, I found the concept interesting and filed it away for another day. Today was that day. I just went with a basic black one, but it was part of a BOGO sale they were having so the friend I went with picked out a camo colored one.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 22, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
I'm doing another 6 weeks in the States thing. Today was day 4. I was out earlier and picked out a couple of things on my to get list..

TF: Premier Edition VOY Optimus. I could have picked this one up anytime, I just didn't feel like it until today.

Star Wars: 40th Anni. 6" Death Squad Commander. (really a Navy Trooper, which is what they'll probably call it in the Red/Black box.)

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 25, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »
I'm in Vegas again for the next 3 or so weeks and while waiting to check into our room we visited one of the local Walmarts. I picked up TR Brawn. (shrug) I had the original back in the day so this was a no brainer for me.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 28, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »
Out earlier and I just managed the one this time. RID Strongarm. She was a go-back pick up. Initially I wasn't impressed with the blast effect on the gun, but I decided to override that because I like what I know of her.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 28, 2017, 11:19:43 PM »
Picked up some new Eaglemoss ships a while ago.

USS Franklin - A damn fine little model.  She definetly is my favorite Kelvin timeline design.

USS Rhode Island - Now I already have the Equinox so it was nice to compare.  The nacelle pylons feel more sturdy than the Equinox's so thats nice but it feels a little lighter so I think they used less metal.  Either way its not bad if you're a fan of the Nova its worth having both ships.

Arctic Transport - Now this is nice! The detail is great and the paint apps are wonderful.  The antennas give me pause but beyond that this is a fun one.

Ktinga - Ok this is lame.  The front part is all plastic and as a result mine is damn near permanently bent.  The detail is okay but some of the paint is funky.  Really dissapointed as this is one of my favorite alien ships.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 29, 2017, 03:02:12 AM »
Trekcore looked at the Franklin. I was just unimpressed enough with some of the missing details that even the drink topper model included with the Walmart DVD release got right that I decided to wait for Hallmark's release.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 06, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »
Out today, 2 this time. One Transformers the other Star Wars.

Star Wars:

40th anni. Jawa - I'm confused about why the robe is plastic instead of cloth.

Transformers:

Last Knight VOY Megatron - I would like it if the battle-mask was functional like I understand the Leader class version is.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 13, 2017, 05:50:26 PM »
Just DVDs today.

Attack on Titan S1. - A couple of weeks ago Toonami had a marathon of S2 and I liked what I saw.

Orphan Black S4 - I'm not sure what took me so long, but I'm caught up with the DVD releases so far.

(I forgot to mention this for last week, I believe. My dad inquired about RWBY when we were out not long after we got here. I checked it out and then picked up the vol 1-3 collected edition, on DVD. Vol. 4 seems only available on Blu-ray, oddly enough.)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 17, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
Just picked up 2 new Eaglemoss ships.

Cardassian scout (Hidecki class) - Nice ship.  I always thought you could repaint this into a federation ship possibly a descendant of the Defiant class.  The ship is allot of metal and feels very dense.  The "pincers" on the back were kind of loose but I remedied that with some superglue.  Not a bad ship I like it better than the Galor model they did. 3 out of 5

Hirogen Hunter ship - Now this was a nice effort.  Like the Hidecki its mostly metal and the detailing is really nice.  Now the secondary warp nacelles on mine were loose (one even fell off mid transit) but I remedies that with some superglue.  I'll definetly be picking up a second. 4 out of 5.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 18, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »
Out today, kind of on our way back home, and we visited the local Walmart. Two this time, one Transformers the other Star Wars.

Tranformers:

Titan Returns Kickback - I finally have the Insecticons complete in update form.

Star Wars:

40th Anni. Chewie - I have the corresponding Han, so why not?

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 25, 2017, 08:24:54 PM »
Just picked up the eaglemoss Borg Tactical cube.  Not much metal on this one but the detailing is nice and its a nice sized model.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 17, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »
Another outing today, I honestly wasn't expecting to find anything except some street date breaks. I came home with TRU's Clone Commander Gree. The paint job makes it worth the higher than normal price.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 21, 2017, 11:18:32 PM »
Just picked up the Eaglemoss Borg renegade ship and federation fighter.  Both are nice but nothing to write home about.  That plus Im surprised they're quite small.

The renegade Borg ship kind of reminds me of Ennis House from "House on haunted Hill"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennis_House

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 24, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »
I've been visiting my stepmom's older brother's place since Sunday and we went out to the local* mall earlier. I checked out the attached Walmart. I figured with all of the leak reports that I've been seeing online lately that I'd see something that way. I walked out with Jango Fett. Since I picked up Gree, it made sense to pick him up finally.

*An hour away.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 03, 2017, 03:25:06 AM »
Went ahead and picked up the eaglemoss Jumbo Enterprise-D.  This thing is heavy the saucer is almost entirely metal.  The detailing is nice and they gave it a descent aztec pattern on the hull.  Im glad Ive got it but it dosent hold a candle to DST's E-D.  Im really hoping we get an Enterprise-J in jumbo too.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 08, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »
I went out earlier and picked up some stuff.

Star Trek:

This year's ship ornament, The Franklin: At first glance, I'd say it's at least on par with the drink topper that was included with the Walmart exclusive DVD.

Star Wars:

Grand Admiral Thrawn: I would have preferred to get the SDCC release, but not in the cards this time. I'm still impressed by what I see.

Jedi Master Luke: Took 'em long enough. About the only thing I don't like based off of what I've seen is that they could have done his cape better than they did.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:55 PM »
As a birthday present for myself I picked up the eaglemoss Jumbo Enterprise-E and Jenolan.  The Jenolan is suprisingly large and is quite nice.  For a transport ship she's quite solid.  The Enterprise-E is nice but it pails in comparison to the DST version.