Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 220711 times)

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 13, 2017, 12:00:03 AM »
Picked up a DVD of Otaku no Video, and the soundtracks for Blood: The Last Vampire (the original movie) and Gun x Sword.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 21, 2017, 01:46:17 PM »
I  was out today and I found a couple, but I decided to pick up just one: the Tusken Raider.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 21, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »
Picked up a DVD of Otaku no Video, and the soundtracks for Blood: The Last Vampire (the original movie) and Gun x Sword.

Have you watched Iron-Blooded Orphans?

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 22, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »
Nope.  Never heard of it, actually.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 22, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »
I've seen some episodes, one of the last times I was in the States when it was on their Cartoon Network's Toonami block. As a Gundam series, it seemed alright.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 22, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »
Nope.  Never heard of it, actually.

It's a Gundam series, and it is amazing. It's about a group of child soldiers who are able to branch out on their own. It doesn't hold back on the violence either.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 24, 2017, 08:42:01 AM »
Of all the Gundams I've watched, Iron-Blooded Orphans is definitely the most brutal with the violence.  Sure its one thing to watch Wing Zero vaporize a hundred Leos with a buster rifle blast, its another thing entirely watching a guy get crushed in a mobile suit cockpit by a giant mace.

It's the most recent of the Gundam series.  AFAIK the second season is still airing in Japan.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 24, 2017, 11:55:55 AM »
What makes it brutal, is that they don't use energy weapons, and most of the combat is close range. I think the most brutal death is when Mikazuki steps on the cockpit of a mobile suit, and the pilot's blood splashes out.

I love how Gjallarhorn's forces are all pomp and ceremony. Everything is a pose, with rules and etiquette to combat, while Tekkadan is "there's the enemy, kill them".

I believe the second season is coming to the US soon. The series ended months ago in Japan. Though there are rumors of a third season, or even a movie.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 26, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
Added to my manga collection today. Last week I found an all-in-one copy of Death Note. I decided to pick it up as soon as possible since I'm familiar enough with the anime.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 26, 2017, 07:00:22 PM »
What makes it brutal, is that they don't use energy weapons, and most of the combat is close range. I think the most brutal death is when Mikazuki steps on the cockpit of a mobile suit, and the pilot's blood splashes out.

I love how Gjallarhorn's forces are all pomp and ceremony. Everything is a pose, with rules and etiquette to combat, while Tekkadan is "there's the enemy, kill them".

I believe the second season is coming to the US soon. The series ended months ago in Japan. Though there are rumors of a third season, or even a movie.

Ah.  It's been a while since I've looked into it.  IIRC that death you mentioned was the same episode so... violently showed the difference between Gjallarhorn and Tekkadan's fighting style.  I hope Adult Swim/Toonami pick up the second season soon, although that means I'll have to find the time to rewatch season one.

Personally though I think IBO and Gundam 00 might be tied for my favorite series in the franchise, but that might be some nostalgia talking.  Unicorn looks amazing and at there's some good moments, but it just goes off the rails with the Newtype magic at the end, plus having not watched most of the Universal Century shows means I missed out on all the little Easter egg references.  Basically all I've seen is bits and pieces of the original series, 0080, 0083, and 8th MS Team, and I barely remember 0083.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 28, 2017, 12:46:26 PM »
Out again today, a little Transformers and some Star Wars.

Tranformers:

Titans Return Windblade - She was my Plan B for the mall I went to since I wasn't seeing anything Star Wars that I didn't already have.

Star Wars:

Hera Syndulla - Canadians that might be looking for her, check EB Games.

Maz Kanata - This one made my eyebrows rise because I wasn't expecting to see her for a few more weeks.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 03, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »
Well it turns out Toonami/Adult Swim have picked up the second season of Iron-Blooded Orphans, it airs this Saturday.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 03, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »
I got the first 4 volumes of Toward the Terra on sale at RightStuf.  Now I just need to get the last two volumes at some point.  :D

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 05, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »
Just one this time: the OT Stormtrooper.