Author Topic: New SCN Collections thread  (Read 230306 times)

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: New SCN Collections thread
« Reply #1375 on: December 21, 2017, 05:45:06 PM »
Opened stuff a few days early because the family we're visiting doesn't want to do gifts this year. A couple of books, a couple of calendars, a couple of giftcards, some edibles and the general retail release version of the Praetorian Guard.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 24, 2017, 05:06:28 AM »
Picked up 2 new eaglemoss ships as a pre-christmas treat.

-Malon export ship - Not spectacular I mean it is just a garbage scow but not bad either and it does have some nice flourishes.

-Ferengi Marauder - You know I never realized what a nice design this is but when you have it in your hands it really shines and it shows how talented Andy Probert is.  Very nice model though mine has an assembly issue.  I know some people complained about the weathering but I rather like it.  It makes the ship look like a tiger.  Good model all around.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 28, 2017, 04:12:43 AM »
Well might as well talk about my christmas haul.

-Stranger Things season 2 blu-ray - The feax VHS package is wonderful.

-Eaglemoss Jumbo 1701 - I was originally going to skip this as Ive already got the DST and Playmates 1701 but I wanted something big for christmas.  A very nice and solid model definetly the best of the jumbos so far.

Eaglemoss Aventine - Ok I wasn't originally going to get this as from some of the early pictures it looked way too small.  That being said Mark Rademaker was a member here at SCN and I felt compelled to get this out of a sense of loyalty...that plus I enjoy any nice fed ships.  Now the ship itself is a wonderful design but the model eaglemoss did left allot to be desired.  For starters its tiny and its mostly plastic not as much metal as I was hoping.

Eaglemoss Phoenix. - Oh boy now this was the highlight of my christmas.  Ive become more of a fan of the Nebula class over the years thanks to the eaglemoss model and its rather scrappy developement history.  The phoenix is wonderful.  Its rear section isnt devoid of detail like the Honshu's and the pod is really quite solid and sturdy.  I suggest everyone pick this up.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 03, 2018, 01:25:15 AM »
Picked up the Dirty Pair tv series from Rightstuf when it was on sale.  Still salty that it was split into two volumes...
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 28, 2018, 04:42:22 AM »
Cant believe I forgot to update this since Christmas.

New eaglemoss ships.

-USS Phoenix - Was really looking forward to this one and was not dissapointed. The Pod is attached much better than on the Bonchune and it just gives the model a much more solid quality.  Really looking forward the Melbourne.
-Jumbo Voyager - Oooh this is a nice one.  As is usual at this point for Eaglemoss there is some window misalignment but overall its a really nice model and a nice representation of Voyager.
-SE NX-01 refit - Bang up job on this one.  I think the NX-01 looks so much better with a secondary hull.
-Klingon Transport ship - Not really crazy about the design itself but the model is almost a solid piece of metal and its pretty damn detailed and sizable.
-Lokirrim Patrol ship - Like the Klingon Transport ship this is almost a solid hunk of metal and it really benefits from it.  The details and shape are wonderful.