129,256 Posts in 3,466 Topics - by 272 Members - Latest Member: masterarminas
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: General Star Wars Discussion Thread  (Read 49665 times)
slash78
Prolific Member

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2008, 01:08:13 AM »

Yeah, but it did it alright, as opposed to what happened after (don't get me started on how retarded the storyling has no become). Don't get me wrong, in no way should Dark Empire be considered the sequel trilogy, as that honor belongs only to the Thrawn books. It's just not that bad. It shouldn't be blamed for starting moronic trends, the people who kept such trends going should.

No, that definately goes to Kevin J. Anderson.  With double helpings from... Barbara Hambly, Vonda McIntyre, Dave Wolverton.  This can be collectively know as "The Dark Times after the Empire."  Michael P. Kube-McDowell, Kristine Rusch and Kathy Tyers were neither harmful (as the damage had been done), but didn't really help the story-line get back on track. 

Too bad just as things go back on track they had to destroy the Galaxy in the NJO series.
GStone
Veteran Member

Undercover in Culture space

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVrIyEu6h_E

This is as good a place as any. Remember, use the Farm. Search your peelings.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:21:38 AM by GStone » Logged

Leader of the Pro-Trek/Anti-The Culture movement

'Attack of the Clones: For some reason I can make it to Anakin's cringe-worthy lovey-dovey lines on Naboo, but I can't get to the choice bits with ..you know...the actual Attack of the Clones. As far as I know, the movie should have been called "Episode II: I Hate Sand." '

--Dark Moose
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:39 PM »

Han Solo, P.I.

Magnum v. Solo, sequence comparison

Go buy my book: Method of Life
caisson2delta
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »

Those were awesome. The only thing missing was R2 D2 and C 3PO as Zeus and Apollo. Could've also thrown Vader in as Ice Pick.
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2009, 09:30:06 AM »

Stormtroopers 9/11

Enjoy.

Bond, James Bond
Administrator
Minor Board Deity

Licensed to Ban

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2009, 12:22:05 PM »

I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with 'Clone Wars,' but the Geonosian arc of the past three episodes has been quite good, with the first episode's ('Landing at Point Rain') action seriously rivaling that of the end of 'AotC.'

Last night's episode was essentially 'Aliens' meets the Borg meets Ceti Eels meets zombies in the form of dead (and thus virtually unstoppable) Geonosians being controlled by the previously unseen Queen's hive mind and her wormlike brain-inhabiting offspring deep in the catacombs of the planet. 
White Wolf
Distinguished Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »

Yea, i have. Just need to see the other 2 of that arc.

Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.
White Wolf
Distinguished Member

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »

This is awesome.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000953.html

Those stardestroyers are fucking huge. Starships too.

Crap, broken link.  Well put it in the URL Box over head.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:18:52 PM by White Wolf » Logged

Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »

Star Wars Cosplay Fail

The Daft Punk

An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »

Most of those are awesome. Leisure suits Boba and Vader win forever.

Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2010, 01:28:35 AM »

Pretty neat AT-AT video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CVYOCMpJRY&feature=player_embedded

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2010, 03:47:49 PM »

This was pretty funny.
http://jalopnik.com/5582519/yoda-recording-his-tomtom-gps-voice-this-is

Bond, James Bond
Administrator
Minor Board Deity

Licensed to Ban

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »

Blackstar Warrior - A Blaxploitation version of Empire told from the perspective of the baddest muthafucka in a galaxy far, far away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATeU-r0GDU&feature=player_embedded
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »

Yoda scene from The Force Unleashed II: http://g4tv.com/videos/48036/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-ii-yoda-trailer/

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »

A never before scene from Return of the Jedi, in which Darth Vader tempts Luke Skywalker  to join the dark side, paired with footage of Luke constructing/activating his green lightsaber and officially becoming a Jedi Knight.
http://tv.gawker.com/5612987/watch-luke-skywalker-become-a-jedi-knight-in-this-deleted-star-wars-scene

Fiery Little One
Eminent Member

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »

... And they left that on the cutting room floor because...?

Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing
The Daft Punk

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 06:55:51 AM »

'Cause it doesn't flow with the movie. It's much more interesting to introduce Luke as a mysterious figure entering Jabba's palace.

~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
Rusty
Veteran Member

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2010, 12:38:04 AM »

Agreed. I think it is a better reveal that way.

Edmund: I remember Massingburg's most famous case, the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdured body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses that seen him stab the victim, and when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket.
Perkins: And he's a dab hand at the prosecution, Sir.
Edmund: Yes, well, look at Oscar Wilde.
Perkins: Oh, butch Oscar.
Edmund: Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar - the terror of the ladies. 114 illegitamate children, world heavyweight boxing champion, and author of the best-selling phamplet, "Why I Like To Do It With Girls". Massingbird had him sent down for being a woopsie.
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »

Apparently the scene with Luke in the cave, isn't Hamill....at least not entirely.  Hamill claims there were some post production shenanigans in the creation of the cave scene.
http://furiousfanboys.com/2010/08/mark-hamill-says-he-wasnt-in-the-deleted-lightsaber-scene/

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »

The Star Wars Saga is Coming in 3D!

Lucasfilm Ltd. announced today that the live-action "Star Wars" saga will be converted to 3D.

"There are few movies that lend themselves more perfectly to 3D; from the Death Star trench run to the Tatooine Podrace, the 'Star Wars Saga' has always delivered an entertainment experience that is completely immersive," said the statement.

Presented by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm Ltd., the "cutting edge conversion" will be supervised by Industrial Light & Magic.

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace is expected to be released theatrically in 2012. A release date has not yet been determined.

"Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right," said John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic. "It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70221#ixzz10u4naeAT

I have no interest in seeing any of the Star Wars films in theater at this point and even less interest in seeing them in 3-d, but I guess to others, this might be awesome.  I will say though, it's amusing, or maybe just sad and pathetic...to see Lucas jump on the 3-d bandwagon and want to re-release the films again.  No doubt they'll make a gazillion dollars, but really, how many times is he going to release the original trilogy.  Let it go man.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:11:37 AM by Jimi James » Logged

Admiral TVar
Veteran Member

ST: Empires. Official SCN Ninja, minor annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 11:50:12 AM »

just wait he will "remake" them all with new actors actresses so he can take advantage of all the new fangled technology.  my only hope is if he does "remake" them he fixes the horrid mistakes of 1-3 such as banning himself from writing the dialogue.  and have Anikin/Darth Vader kill Jar-Jar at the end of III  Tongue

"Enough is enough!, I have had it with these Mutha' F&@#in' Borg!" ~ Captain Sam L. Jackson of the USS Reliant

"That plot has more holes than a Nevada whorehouse."
~Bond in reference to the Plot of Signs
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »

Rumors are growing again about the fabled third trilogy.
http://io9.com/5671581/george-lucas-reported-creating-new-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-thats-not-about-the-skywalkers

Broken Subspace Scene
Prolific Member

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2010, 02:37:28 PM »

I'm skeptical, but you never know.  If it does happen, and this is a terrible thing to say in a way, but I hope Lucas is pretty much as far away as possible from the whole thing.  Bring in a good, versatile, and proven creative who can be entrusted with the franchise.

Also, enough with the 100+/1000 years in the future stuff.  Just do the damn Thrawn Trilogy or something.  You know if they set it in the future it will just be a retread of the same things anyway, so why not set it in roughly the same era, with the familiar backdrop that everyone loves?  I guess the main problem with the immediate post ROTJ-era is that they'll want a bunch of Jedi running around to use as main characters, which wouldn't really be possible in that timeframe. 

The Daft Punk

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »

~~~~~~~~
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »

I'm sure this Planetary Map of the entire Star Wars Universe will interest someone here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: