129,264 Posts in 3,466 Topics - by 272 Members - Latest Member: masterarminas
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: General Star Wars Discussion Thread  (Read 49782 times)
Greg
Lord of Lava Lamp
Eminent Member

Captain Serious

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »

I'm sure this Planetary Map of the entire Star Wars Universe will interest someone here.

Damn your eyes, sir! Now I'll spend hours pouring over that just because I'm weird like that with maps  Cry

I wonder how well it compares to the maps that were at the front of all the NJO books.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:36:29 PM by Greg » Logged

Magic, motherfucker!
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »

A funny Obi-Wan is Dead parody of the NYT covering Osama's death.
http://www.galacticempiretimes.com/2011/05/09/galaxy/outer-rim/obi-wan-kenobi-is-killed.html

Go buy my book: Method of Life
evilsmileyface12

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2011, 08:20:29 PM »

any one else seen this?

http://www.starwars.com/games/playnow/crawl_creator/

ESF-12
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2011, 03:35:10 AM »

Read about some of the rumored changes in store for the new Blu-Ray sets. NNNNNOOOOOO!
http://io9.com/5835951/darth-vader-will-lose-a-little-more-of-his-dignity-in-star-wars-original-trilogy-blu+rays-listen-for-yourself

Razor
Board Legend

All things not of this world

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2011, 06:06:02 PM »

Im not too sure what to make of the "Nooooo" well let me rephrase that the first no isn't too bad but the second no is annoying.  While not necessary the ewok blinking is barely noticable so I dont see the problem with that.  Im happy with my DVD's so I wont be picking this up anyway.

Edit: They also altered Jabba's palace again?  They made his door bigger....Whaaaa?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:12:55 PM by Razor » Logged

"Yes, yes, now that's what I like to hear. The indomitable spirit and righteous indignation of the human species. I've heard it a million times defending a billion atrocities, and it's still music to my ears." - The Devil, "Brimstone"
Fiery Little One
Eminent Member

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »

Yeah, my interest in new updates stopped with the... 2004(?) box set.

Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2012, 03:17:07 PM »

Disney has bought LucasFilm and will make new Star Wars films, starting with Episode VII in 2015, followed by episodes VII and IX!!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015

Fiery Little One
Eminent Member

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »

Could go either way at this point.

The Unbound

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »

Disney has bought LucasFilm and will make new Star Wars films, starting with Episode VII in 2015, followed by episodes VII and IX!!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015

I can honestly say I never expected to read any of the words in that sentence.

But I suppose it was inevitable. Somehow.

Steady on.
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:19 AM »

So it looks like Michael Arndt has written the screenplay for episode seven.  He wrote Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3, and is signed to write the Hunger Games sequel.
Sort of a weird pick, buy I guess they could do worse.  No official word on the director yet.

Episodes VIII & 9 will be written and produced by Lawrence Kasden who wrote Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Thoughts?

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »

Over on TrekWeb, they were throwing around the idea of Ron Moore taking on the new Star Wars movies.  Good or bad, I got a chuckle out of this idea simply because it would be an interesting reversal of those Star Trek fans that argue Abrams is making Star Trek, too much like Star Wars.

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2013, 09:13:15 PM »

So it looks like Abrams will be directing the next Star Wars film after all.  Star Trek and Star Wars by the same man?  Have we entered some sort of bizarre alternate reality?

Fiery Little One
Eminent Member

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2013, 10:19:39 PM »

I just sat here for a good 5-10 seconds after reading that statement. Felt like something in my brain was going to pop.

TNC
Board Legend

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »

Now all we got to do is get him to direct Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, and Babylon 5 projects and we'll have a sci-fi monopoly going on...

“There’s a time for a scalpel and a time for a hammer.  It’s hammer time.” – Shaw – Person of Interest – “Aletheia”
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »

What's interesting I think is that SW is in a different position than Trek was when he took over.  Even though the prequels were garbage, they were still insanely financially successful.  This wasn't the case with Nemesis, which completely bombed right along with being a terrible film on nearly every level.  Trek had no where to go but up.  SW isn't as...lucky?...that's probably not the right sentiment.

Either way, Abrams may find that even if he makes a good movie, or even one that's just more fun and enjoyable than the prequels, it could fails to pull in the money that the previous films have.  Realistically, he has a mark to hit because Disney is looking to make their money back.

While I don't think he's a bad choice, I would have liked to have seen them go for someone that could have done something truly unique.

You have to give him some credit though.  Either he has the thickest skin of any human alive or he's so well insulated from public opinion that it doesn't effect him.  He's about to have the two largest genre/pop culture franchises ever created under his control and all their rabid fans scrutinizing every move he makes.  I'm not sure I'd want to be in that position.

Razor
Board Legend

All things not of this world

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »

As long as we get a quality script and director for Star Trek 3...er 13 I have no real problem with this and look forward to his take on Episode VII.

"Yes, yes, now that's what I like to hear. The indomitable spirit and righteous indignation of the human species. I've heard it a million times defending a billion atrocities, and it's still music to my ears." - The Devil, "Brimstone"
Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »

A Star Wars trailer, for the OG trilogy, done Abrams style.  Complete with lens flare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgiJxHjN2k8&feature=player_embedded#!

Watching that trailer I get really excited for what's being shown.  But then I remember I've seen those films and they don't fill me with that same level of excitement when I watch them now.  It's a strange disconnect.

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2013, 09:14:02 AM »

Ready for even more Star Wars films.  Great!  Because you're getting them whether you want them or not.
Apparently individual character films, will accompany the next trilogy, sort of like the Wolverine films...or maybe more like the standalone Marvel films that worked up to the Avengers.  Either way,
Disney CEO Bob Iger has now confirmed that Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi writer Lawrence Kasdan and Sherlock Holmes and X-Men: Days of Future Past writer Simon Kinberg are indeed working on new Star Wars movies that will stand apart from the trilogy J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt are kicking off with Episode VII. Here's how Iger explains Kasdan and Kinberg's brief:

[They're] working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga, so we still plan to make Star Wars VII, VIII and IX roughly over a six year period of time starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period of time, too.

http://io9.com/5981968/the-next-big-piece-of-disneys-star-wars-masterplan-is-confirmed-plus-the-amazing-spider+man-2-starts-filming

So what characters would you want to see get films.  I think Yoda, Han, and Lando are likely to be among the most popular choices.  Though this would also be a great opportunity to bring lesser known characters to the forefront as well.

Flagg
Board Legend

Gotham's Reckoning

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »

Mace fucking Windu.

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 05:05:28 PM »

I'm tired of this mother fucking Sarlacc Pit, in this mother fucking desert.

Flagg
Board Legend

Gotham's Reckoning

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »

The thing is, I think you'd be able to get Tarrantino to direct. I mean it would have to be written by someone else and be a PG-13 affair, but it could be great. Maybe have a 1 armed Windu have survived the fight with Palpantine and ends up fighting Vader during the later stages of the purge.

Jimi James
So Say We All
Administrator
Distinguished Member

Minion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBzRmWeC6Ds
So, this is almost a year old but I just came across it the other day and I've watched it several times.  It's hilarious.

It's the Star Wars Trilogy like you've never heard it before! Join voice actors Billy West, Tara Strong, Maurice LaMarche, John DiMaggio, Kevin Conroy, Jess Harnell and Rob Paulsen as they re-create the magic of the Star Wars films, albeit in their own special way! You never know what you'll hear when this cast gets together.

Rather than recreating the actors that played the original parts, they switch up scenes and do impressions (Shatner, Johnny Carson, Christopher Walken) or characters they've voiced in other shows (like Futurama and Animaniacs) to fill in the roles of each SW character. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: