Author Topic: New Haven Chronicles: Development Blog  (Read 24766 times)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
New Haven Chronicles: Development Blog
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »

This isn't really anything that cutting edge, but it gives me the chance to get some free advertising and I'll take whatever I can get.

I've started a news/progress blog for my Original Universe series where you, the anxiously awaiting audience will be able to keep track of all the relevant news pertaining to the development of the series. 

Tentatively titled, Ticonderoga, the series will follow the crew of the Tico, as they are thrust into the precursor events of a civil war that will stretch across the entire solar system.  Not your run of the mill sci-fi war series, Ticonderoga will be infused with more classic Sci-Fi elements and themes then some of the more contemporary sci-fi series of the day.

Opportunities for you to be a part of the series:

We still have several positions open, mainly in the art department.

We're looking for experienced artists that can work with 3ds Max and/or After Effects for creating our unique look in a universe of our on creating.

We're also looking for concept artists to help up flesh out the various ship designs, both exterior and interior that will populate this new universe.

We're also looking for experienced graphic artists that can create things like ship specific mission patches and advertising art (banners, full page graphics, avatars). 

However I'm also looking for a creative consultant -- mainly some to stand as a sounding board for story/plot ideas.  This position would also be open to a staff writer; however agreeing to the position of Creative Consultant does not lock you into a writing position.

You can find out more about any of these open positions by sending me an email (in my profile) or sending me a PM.  It should be noted however that, aside from concept artists, which in it's nature is rough and unrefined, we're looking for people who can create professional looking work that will represent this project across the web.  So of course, we'll expect examples of your work to determine if you're the talent we're looking for.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:28:47 AM by Jimi James »
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Darkstone

• Hear Me Roar!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Ticonderoga Development Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 12:43:57 PM »
Huh. Sounds promising.

I can do occasional graphics for the Tico (banners, patches, that sort of stuff), but I can't say I'm in, since I won't always be available to do something. I am also in the process of learning 3d, but I use LightWave, so... ;D
Until shade is gone. Until water is gone... Into the shadow with teeth bared...
Screaming defiance with the last breath... To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »
Jimi Jimi Jimi... what did I tell you... if you need anything else let me know... I could have set up a blog for you easily enough...
N.I.G.G.A. - Never Ignorant Gettin' Goals Acomplished
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
CIDvision :: the breen war :: trekonline

Offline Commodore Horton

• Veteran Member
  • No, really, I'm a moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »
I'd be interested in some concept work, if you'd like.
Nos Vadum Triumphus

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »
If you're interested in a position on the art team, just send me a PM with some of your work (be it 3d, sketch, or concept). :)
But it's these setbacks that lead to our greatest victories.
And that would be?
Chocobo Sex!

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 10:32:13 AM »
Yeah, at this point, it's more up to Manticore then myself, since he's our art guy...so in in this case take his word over whatever I told you. :)
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 05:26:51 PM »
Just a note to those that might care, we have a new blog; which can be found here: http://www.nov-net.com/ticonderoga/blog/
The links in the original post have been changed as well to reflect the location of the new site.

Offline RedShirt

• Armed and suicidal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 06:15:45 PM »
I have no skill in 3-D art or animating, and I don't have photoshop.  If you have any writing positions, however...
I have selective reading.

"There is a certain logic to your logic."
~ Tuvok

"High speed and low IQ don't mix"
~Maple Dog

"Hey, then maybe we could hop in our VW bus and make sweet sweet free love whilst smoking some doobies and doing other 1967ey things."
~Bond, James Bond

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 02:33:45 AM »
That looks *very* ambitious. All the best luck with the project!

Offline starhawk

• Veteran Member
  • I think too big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 06:34:28 PM »
I can do occasional concept art and finished 2D art based on a description, but nothing too regular due to my schoolwork. Can I be of (admittedly limited) use?

PM me with an email and I'll send you some samples... if you would like.

EDIT: ygem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 09:43:20 PM by starhawk »
:p

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 08:59:21 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has shown interest in this project so far.  It's much appreciated.

I've updated the blog with a few new posts; starting with bios of some of our staff, where we stand production wise, and an invitation to ask questions and give feedback about the project. 

I'm going to try and do this weekly, by delivering some sort of news about the project, or some sort of topic concerning the project.  So check in frequently to stay up to date...though I'll also continue to pester you all by posting a reminder here. ;)

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »
As an FYI, I updated the blog, with some pretty new pictures.  ;D
But it's these setbacks that lead to our greatest victories.
And that would be?
Chocobo Sex!

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 09:27:42 PM »
And they're purty.  8)

Excellent work.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 09:33:20 PM by TNC »
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 09:38:22 PM »
The blog has been updated with a tentative list of episode titles for the first six episodes. 

The way were structuring the beginning of the season, 4 fifteen minute episodes and 2 thirty minute episodes, these first six episodes will be our proving ground, or if you want to think in terms of an actual tv show, our series pilot.  It's a bit strange to think of six episodes as a single pilot, but considering the fact that the six episodes together form a single story, it's not so far fetched. 

I believe it's also worth mentioning that these first six episodes set up the rest of the season to drive a very specific story, and that episodes six will end in a very dramatic cliffhanger that will change the universe for all the characters.  Think, the final episode of Space Above and Beyond type of cliffhanger. ;)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 12:02:14 AM »
The blog has been updated.  For the one or two people reading it, you can read about some of the changes we're making to the series.  And hopefuly we'll have some more concept art to release in the next few weeks.  Possibly a couple pieces that will highlight the new direction we're heading in.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 06:49:16 PM by Jimi James »

Offline Clawhammer

• Prolific Member
  • WIP: Voyager refit 1%
    • View Profile
    • Clawhammer
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 02:11:06 PM »
Still following this with interest. :) I must say I'm happy that the title will be changed, I had a hard time spelling and typing Ticonderoga (see? :D)

I said this to Manticore also, I think it's going to be cool and I think it's being well prepared. I would like to sign up but I got a lot of work going on at the moment.  :(

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 02:42:48 PM »
Cool, thanks.  And if you ever get a break and want to help out, we'd be glad to take whatever help you can offer. :)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 05:08:47 PM »
War Beyond the World’s End - Development Blog.

We have some news up on the blog, regarding the filming of our first short.  Production is scheduled to begin in March of 08.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:21:01 PM by Jimi James »

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
Re: War Beyond the World’s End-Development Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 04:19:03 PM »
As you can see, we've finally settled on a new title.  Yay!!!

War Beyond the World’s End - Development Blog.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
Re: War Beyond the World’s End - Development Blog
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 10:35:56 AM »
Recruitment call again.  For anyone possibly looking to get involved in a project, we're still looking for a few writers and artists.  In terms of artists, we're looking more for concept artists and graphic artists; specifically people who can make things like banners, large backgrounds, and custom designed logos.

We're also announcing that another 3d artists has joined the team, bringing the total to two...which is better then none, obviously. ;)  His name is James Anderson and we're happy to have him on the team.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »
Yay, news.  We've, or rather I, have begun work on our first major prop, the UN MS-116-A, assault rifle.  The MS-116-A is one of our 'hero' weapons and a slightly different version of the standard assault rifle carried by most UN Marines.  What makes it different you ask?  You'll just have to wait and see. 

The gun in the picture is a spring operated Airsoft rifle which I'm currently in the process of making some major modifications to.  The mods will reflect the 116-A version, while the standard 116-a will look more like the gun pictured, however still be somewhat modified from the original.

I'll have some more pictures up tomorrow, showing the mods that have been made prior to prop being painted.

Until then.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 03:46:59 PM »
Update; from the prop department

The rifle is nearly finished

We've got a set of dogtags, rank insignia for our main character.

And country of origin patch, though we haven't decided yet which one we're going with.

We're also going to be opening a public Photobucket account in the next few days, to help people keep track of all the images we're releasing.  It'll showcase everything we've shown you so far, like concept art, new things like promotional material, reference pics of new props, and so on.  I'll let you know when it's up.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 05:15:43 PM »
I like the rifle, remindes me of the (X)M8.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 05:21:30 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if it was at its base, as the stock and forward part of it are pretty distinctive to that weapon.  I'm a little confused by the lack of a magazine though, so I'm guessing this is supposed to be more like the PPGs from B5 than a modern firearm.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
Re: New Haven - Development Blog
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »
An airsoft s-m8 (a cheaper version of the X-m8) was the basis for the rifle, and it does have a regular magazine, I just forgot to include it when I was taking the pics.  We decided to use the x-m8 as the basis for our rifle since it already looked a little futuristic, and with a few modifications, could pass as an original future weapon.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:26:48 AM by Jimi James »