Author Topic: Who Would Be The Worst Choice For The Last Cylon?  (Read 14702 times)

Offline mark

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who Would Be The Worst Choice For The Last Cylon?
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »
I also wonder if at least Tigh was "replaced" by a Cylon clone on New Caprica. I mean, how did the Cylons have such advanced models even before or during the war? I also wonder if the Cylon "higher ups" are humans from earth, since I haven't seen the big-brained type Cylons from TOS, and it doesn't seem like the skin job's have the highest authority.

RDM has said before that none of the cylons are replacements of real humans. And with information from this latest episode, the final five are from "the 13th house" (Earth), which explains why a model like Tigh could exist before the colonial cylons had developed the humanoid models (but not why the colonial cylons skipped number 7).

It's tempting to seize on Nana Visitor as the final cylon, but she was probably a one episode deal.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 09:13:05 PM by mark »
"Even if a hundred percent of the people polled like f%#&ing Hobbit movies, they still suck." --Penn Jillette

Lokian

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 05:59:15 AM »
If The "final five" are from Earth, this suggests that this is a Future earth, and also that perhaps the Cylons encountered humans from earth, were evolved/helped along, and sent back with little or no knowledge. Cylons do display the human traits of war and such, so I don't know why Earthers would have just sent them back to possibly slaughter the colonies. Some of this doesn't make much sense, such as why they would evolve the cylons and then just leave them be.

It also seems to be quite the coincidence that the four we know of all escaped the destruction of the twelve colonies if there are no copies. It is also of note that three of the four are fiercely loyal colonial military, or at least they were... Perhaps the Earthers put them there as some sort of safety measure against the other seven?

Offline Trinoya

• Everytime Obama speaks... a angel has an orgasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 07:31:59 AM »
I did a lot of research and I came up with a total of three possibilities for the last cylon.

Tom Zarek is my top choice.  He is perfect for it and the whole, "all this has happened before" thing heavily implies him... especially when you had that, "last time this happened, I was where you are" thing.  I just think it would be a cool tie in with the original galactica too. ^_^

Next on my choice is Anastasia Dualla... why?  Because and I quote, "Adama is a cylon."  Guess what her new last name is, since I never saw any formal divorce.  She is also just present enough to not be noticed for the part ^_^

Last but not least... Gaeta... but that is because I was able to eliminate everyone else in the series but him and those two above...  He has no real major evidence supporting him, but absolutely none against him.
Reg: February 09, 2004---

"What technology?"  Flagg, in refrence to star wars.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
In 'Six of One' when Lee jokingly told Dualla "you got the house" in reference to Galactica it also strongly implies that they did in fact get a formal divorce (if that's even necessary in the Colonial legal system at this point).

It's really a stretch to think that Leoben is going to have a vision of the future featuring Dualla and Lee being married, and then even more of a stretch that he would say "Adama is a Cylon" in reference to Dee. The most likely explanation is that one of the two Adama's is a Cylon or much more likely that Leoben was simply trying to sew discord amongst the Colonial leadership at the time. Notice he hasn't mentioned anything about that again now that they're looking for the Final Five in the Colonial fleet and that would actually be relevant information if true.

Likewise, Dee has never been referenced as taking the last name Adama as far as I can recall. Dee is more of a nickname at this point rather than specifically a reference to her last name, but Sagittaran custom or Dee's personal beliefs might not include adopting her husband's last name.

The biggest knock against Dee (or Gaeta for that matter - though to a lesser extent) being a Cylon is, who would care? They withheld the name of the final Cylon for a reason, which implies to me at least that the last person is going to be someone of great significance. Of course this also rules out Zarek (who was also one of my choices).

Offline Trinoya

• Everytime Obama speaks... a angel has an orgasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »
I largely do in fact agree with a lot of what you said, the downside is I can't 'offically' rule it out.  Tom Zarek is, after all, my top choice so believe me, I'd like to just drop Dee out entirely... as well as the ever musical Felix Gaeta.  And like I said, I think the most power to Tom Zarek is, well, he was a former character in the original show. ^_^

Though I am disappointed there hasn't been any more ship of light stuff in this series... <_<
Reg: February 09, 2004---

"What technology?"  Flagg, in refrence to star wars.

Offline mark

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »
Sharon is the final cylon from Earth! The colonial cylons got goofed into thinking her model was #8! Hera's birth was a fluke! The colonial cylons are as sterile as evar!1!1! :P

Even though I'm joking... and even though Boomer seemed to be programmed to follow the plan of the colonial cylons, as well as manufactured in the ressurection ship along with the others... I think it's still an interesting possibility. I mean, really, why would the final five only infiltrate the human colonials and not the colonial cylons as well?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:28:58 PM by mark »
"Even if a hundred percent of the people polled like f%#&ing Hobbit movies, they still suck." --Penn Jillette

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 02:48:08 AM »
I was rewatching Razor, and began thinking about the Final Cylon, at least from a writing standpoint.  It seemed strange that they would have introduced a knew character, one that they really devoted a large portion of the movie to, just to tell that one particular story.

So I think that Kendra Shaw has to be added to the list of possibilities for the Final Cylon.

Razor spent far too much time showing us who she was and why she was that way to just write her off.  The time they spent on her, could have easily been spent on showing other aspects of the Pegasus that we saw in Pegasus and Resurrection ship, particularly the relationship between Cain and Gina and more of what they Pegasus had actually been through.  But instead we get a brand new character that was very much fleshed out, and given as much screen time, if not more then Cain herself.

Plus, Shaw was the one person or one of the few people, that knows of the warning about Starbuck being the "harbinger of death".  Her sudden return, pointing her finger at Starbuck as some huge danger to humanity, creates a great conflict between Kendra and Kara that could lead to Kara actually fulfilling that part of her destiny.

Plus the Hybrid knew her by name.

Then again, it could just be misdirection and they just felt the need to fill two hours with a character that we'll never see again.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline jangoisbaddest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »
The bottom line is that the writers have covered their a**es quite well. There is ample evidence for each and every character, and therefore there is no way to know which one it is. It could be William Adama, it could be Racetrack. I, for one, have given up (though I did place a bet that it was Starbuck back in season 3, so hopefully that comes through  :P).

Another thing to remember is that, no matter who it is, it's likely they'll do it well. How many times has the show done something that, in principle sounds terrible, but ends up being great to amazing in the execution?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 04:28:06 PM by jangoisbaddest »