Author Topic: BSG 4x05 "The Ties That Bind" - Discussion ($$$SPOILERS!!!$$$)  (Read 12780 times)

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
Re: BSG 4x05 "The Ties That Bind" - Discussion ($$$SPOILERS!!!$$$)
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 12:51:16 AM »
No big loss, Cally was annoying anyway. Plus, she was trying to kill her own kid and didn't even do something useful for a change like tell other people that there were four Cylons onboard.

The Sixes, Twos, and Eights look like real morons for walking into the most obvious trap ever. "Hey, sorry about the misunderstanding, why don't you blind jump to this predetermined time and place so we can hug it out?" It's too bad Admiral Ackbar isn't the final Cylon, because he would have recognized the trap.

If anything, this episode established that Basestars get their asses kicked just as easily by other Basestars as they do by Battlestars. It's really not a great ship. Maybe the whole caltrop design is not the way to go.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 02:19:19 AM »
The Basestars are pretty clearly designed with attack, rather than defense in mind. Considering the fact that apparently all but the Centurions can resurrect, that makes sense. They are basically all about putting out a ton of missile fire and Raiders. That's extremely effective when they have surprise on their side, but when it's against well prepared Battlestars and they don't have overwhelming numbers, then they are disadvantaged.

Offline Stoo

• an all too ordinary story
  • Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »
But this time, showing (Lee) siding with his father against Roslin as she tries to gain some dictatorial control over the government, maybe even getting to the point of a showdown between Lee and Roslin as an eerie reversed echo of what we saw in season one, Lee draws a gun on her this time. 

I liked how Lee asked Roslin a really soft question, got rebuked for it, kinda went "ok then" and threw her a much tougher one about checks and balances on her power. I think i agree, he's going to end up opposing her, possibly alongside Zarek.

Offline The Third Revelation

• I've got two words for you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 06:03:25 AM »
As well as did anyone else notice that Starbuck's painting had an awful strong resemblance to the ship of lights from the original BSG?

I noticed and I am surprised nobody else commented. That would mark the third appearance of the Ship of Lights in the last four episodes (Razor excluded).

Btw, I'm still catching up and haven't watched beyond this episode so please be mindful of spoilers. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:13:30 AM by The Third Revelation »
"Does it make you happy? You're so stra-a-ange."

Offline Alexzandyr

• Eminent Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »
Well not too spoilery, but that painting has a significance...and its interesting the route they take.