Author Topic: Submitted for consideration: MY DY series ships  (Read 7084 times)

Offline Capt Christopher Donovan

• View Profile
Submitted for consideration: MY DY series ships
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:13:45 PM »
To save a LOT of typing, I'll just link to my other thread:

http://www.subspace-comms.net/index.php?topic=2538.new;topicseen

I'm pretty much done with the ships, and don't see any changes being made.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
Re: Submitted for consideration: MY DY series ships
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:05:24 AM »
Unfortunately, no. If you compare your designs to the ones already present in JoAT, you'll see a major difference in quality. JoAT is a high-quality website, and even the few artists that use paint on a semi-professional level have been told that they should move to other software soon. As soon as you really start modelling, we can have another look at them, but right now, no.

That being said: even if you want to submit the design, you should do so with the submission form.
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Capt Christopher Donovan

• View Profile
Re: Submitted for consideration: MY DY series ships
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:34:07 AM »
It is of course not my site, but I find that stance to be unfortunate.  Not everyone can be a Rick Sternbach or a Gabe Koenberg (sp?), for reasons of either time talent or resource constraints.  I'm not suggesting that just any two-year old's finger paintings would do for a starship illustration, but my work is hardly that.

Nevertheless, your site, your rules...see you around the other forum...