Author Topic: How do Cylons Enter the Fleet? ($SPOILERS$ Perhaps, I suppose.)  (Read 5696 times)

Offline Charles

• Loves Lucy
    • View Profile
    • The Caveman's Corner
Early on, they seemed to try to develop the notion that "once a Cylon, always a Cylon." The Cylons in the fleet had been so from the start, there was no body snatching going on or anything like that. That's why Sharon had a past with no family and all of that, and other Cylons (like Caprica) just appeared and didn't reveal to much of themselves. But now, if someone like Tigh is a Cylon, he would have had to have been one since before the last Cylon War. So either there were human-type Cylons then too, or some of the Cylon models replaced real people. Am I on target there? So what might that bode for how other Cylons incorporated into human society? Were they all humans first?

Ahh, I guess I should have read the "Who would be the worst choice as Cylon" thread, as this very issue is discussed.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:20:46 PM by Charles »
The only good cat is a Schrödinger's Cat.

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
Re: How do Cylons Enter the Fleet? ($SPOILERS$ Perhaps, I suppose.)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »
Early on, they seemed to try to develop the notion that "once a Cylon, always a Cylon." The Cylons in the fleet had been so from the start, there was no body snatching going on or anything like that. That's why Sharon had a past with no family and all of that, and other Cylons (like Caprica) just appeared and didn't reveal to much of themselves. But now, if someone like Tigh is a Cylon, he would have had to have been one since before the last Cylon War. So either there were human-type Cylons then too, or some of the Cylon models replaced real people. Am I on target there? So what might that bode for how other Cylons incorporated into human society? Were they all humans first?

Ahh, I guess I should have read the "Who would be the worst choice as Cylon" thread, as this very issue is discussed.

We really only have Tigh's word that he was in the last Cylon War.  Adama's only known him for 30 years, while the war was 40 years ago, IIRC.

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »
But remember how Tigh said in "Revelations" that he and the other three were "Something else", some different breed of Cylon from the ones we've seen before. For all we know, Tigh may have indeed fought in the wars, and his entire family could have been Cylons. Anders, for example, was a high profile pyramid player. It stands to reason that there would be some sort of information available on his family, and we've never seen him explicitly say he was an orphan or something.
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson

Offline Charles

• Loves Lucy
    • View Profile
    • The Caveman's Corner
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
But remember how Tigh said in "Revelations" that he and the other three were "Something else", some different breed of Cylon from the ones we've seen before. For all we know, Tigh may have indeed fought in the wars, and his entire family could have been Cylons. Anders, for example, was a high profile pyramid player. It stands to reason that there would be some sort of information available on his family, and we've never seen him explicitly say he was an orphan or something.

There's a notion. Tigh is capable of reproduction with other Cylons (or at least impregnating them), which the 7 didn't seem to be able to do. If they were, why go to all the trouble with the breeding farms and Sharon?
The only good cat is a Schrödinger's Cat.

Offline Stoo

• an all too ordinary story
  • Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
I'm thinking the Five must be quite different to, and older than, the Seven.

Offline Saucer Section

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 09:01:29 AM »

?

They are already in the fleet.. from the fall of the colonies..

isnt that what you mean?

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:06:59 PM by White Wolf »
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.