Author Topic: Subspace Comms Network 1998-2008  (Read 28214 times)

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
Re: Subspace Comms Network 1998-2008
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 03:05:21 PM »
I was engaged in the "war of the sexes" on the board way back with Kiribell.
Everybody thought I was a guy for the longest time. Bond accused me of being an embarrassment to all things man.
I was one of the ones to start the Stargate thread. Ummm...trying to think of other stuff here...
Yeah, I was here a long time ago. Then when the board made its first move I had trouble getting back. After that, life snagged me.
I suffer from the downhill-effect-of-backwards-advancing!

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
Hey Manticore! How have you been?

I'm fine.  How about you?  I seem to remember hearing about your getting engaged or married from your brother, but that may just be my faulty memory.

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »
Yes, all true.  :) There was a graduation, engagement, wedding, move, and new job! My life has finally started to settle, giving me the chance to return to SCN. It is so nice to be back! I kept telling my husband all about you guys. You were pretty much family to me. I am sorry that I lost touch for so long.

Anything exciting happen to you since we last spoke? Girlfriend? College? Job?

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »
Manticore? Girlfriend?
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
Hey! It could happen to anybody. Well, maybe not everybody.....

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2009, 06:35:21 PM »
Yes, all true.  :) There was a graduation, engagement, wedding, move, and new job! My life has finally started to settle, giving me the chance to return to SCN. It is so nice to be back! I kept telling my husband all about you guys. You were pretty much family to me. I am sorry that I lost touch for so long.

Anything exciting happen to you since we last spoke? Girlfriend? College? Job?

College?  Yes.  Girlfriend?  No, though I came close a couple of times Xero. :p  Job?  I wish.  I'm a temp right now.  >:(

And I'm glad to hear that the marriage is going well.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »
So you didn't have the $50?  :P
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2009, 06:41:23 PM »
So you didn't have the $50?  :P

Oh shut up.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2009, 07:12:18 PM »
You make it to easy.

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2009, 08:11:59 PM »
What degree program are you getting?

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »
What degree program are you getting?

I graduated in '07 with a BA in Computer Art.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »
Holy Crap Kentar's back!  *To Xero* Get the electro shock collar.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's with the shock collar?  :o I need a restraining order!!!

To Manticore:
  Very nice. Definitely right up your alley. What are you planning on doing with it? Got any ideas where you want to work?

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:19 AM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's with the shock collar?  :o I need a restraining order!!!

To Manticore:
  Very nice. Definitely right up your alley. What are you planning on doing with it? Got any ideas where you want to work?

We've been giving them to all new and returning members.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2009, 01:15:54 AM »
I learned that SCN was a place that I could always come back to and feel right at home. That standing at the mall with my girlfriend's purse and a pink fuzzy poodle was an insult to all things manhood. Bond enlightened me, that was before he discovered I was a girl! ;)

Hey, that's something from the past that I actually remember! ;D Usually people mention stuff and I'm like "huh?"

Good to see you around again.  :)

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2009, 08:06:46 AM »

That...is a very good idea.

To Manticore:

I'm brushing up on my web scripting skills and I'm going to try and pursue a career in web design.  Just not enough demand for entry level 3d artists up here in the Great White Northeast. ;)

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 05:47:43 PM »

That...is a very good idea.

>:( Xero get the cattle prod  :P

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2009, 06:07:50 PM »
The 10,000 volt, or the 10,000,000 volt?

Offline The_Captain

• Target their engines and fire!
    • View Profile
    • Semper Exploro: Phase II
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »
Go with the 10,000,000 volt.

Sounds like the Goddamn Spanish Inquisition.. -Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV Star Trek: Phase II

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »

10,000 Im not cleaning up any piss this time around.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2009, 05:38:28 AM »
It's always good to see old members finding their way back ^_^ I can totally understand how you feel about SCN Kentar, I can't stay away either ;) None of the other forums I visit (except for SFM) have the feeling I get with SCN :)

Damn, I wish I could find back the pictures I posted when I started visiting SCN. I lost the file as well as the original drawing :(
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »
I think I recall your name somewhat, Kentar. Although you might have been on your way out as I joined up.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2009, 11:22:58 PM »
I learned that SCN was a place that I could always come back to and feel right at home. That standing at the mall with my girlfriend's purse and a pink fuzzy poodle was an insult to all things manhood. Bond enlightened me, that was before he discovered I was a girl! ;)

Hey, that's something from the past that I actually remember! ;D Usually people mention stuff and I'm like "huh?"

Good to see you around again.  :)

I am glad that you remembered me! 8) I see that Razor hasn't forgotten...perhaps not a good thing for me. Does anybody know where the remote is to Razor's collar? >:-)

To Manticore: How long have you been looking for work in your field of interest? Call me naive, but I would think that 3D would be a popular venue. Perhaps that is the problem; too many people in that field? On a random note... how many feet of snow have you gotten this year?

To BorgMan: I was telling my husband about the character "Kentar" that I had made on SCN. Needless to say, I looked up "Kentar" and found a recent message that Razor had written about me. I was so glad to see that you guys hadn't forgotten me. This place feels oddly like home to me.  :)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2009, 12:10:19 AM »
Does anybody know where the remote is to Razor's collar? >:-)

I think Kestra has it.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2009, 08:24:31 AM »
Perhaps she will let me borrow it for a few minutes.... ::) I'd give it right back!

On a Random note...I AM OFF TODAY!!!!  ;D