Author Topic: Subspace Comms Network 1998-2008  (Read 28239 times)

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Subspace Comms Network 1998-2008
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »
To Manticore: How long have you been looking for work in your field of interest? Call me naive, but I would think that 3D would be a popular venue. Perhaps that is the problem; too many people in that field? On a random note... how many feet of snow have you gotten this year?

There's a fair number of people looking for jobs in it, combined with there not being too much demand for special FX work up here (I specialize in lighting and rendering scenes, which isn't really that useful in gaming...at least in the way that I'm trained for).  Web design, however, has nearly universal demand, at least in the more urban parts of the country.

As for the snow?  Far, far too much.

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
Re: Subspace Comms Network 1998-2008
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
Shame that there isn't enough work up there, it sounds like a fun job. If I could make a living off of my art, I would be in heaven. I need to have a room with everything required for working with clays though. A lot of the better clays don't play nicely with plastics, paper, or wood. Makes it kind of hard to find a flat, decent working surface! :(

Lighting and rendering - what made you choose that part of FX? Natural talent? Fascination?
I suffer from the downhill-effect-of-backwards-advancing!