Author Topic: Lucas says "Force Unleashed" is canon  (Read 39319 times)

Offline GStone

• Veteran Member
  • Undercover in Culture space
    • View Profile
Re: Lucas says "Force Unleashed" is canon
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »
- I hate how 'Starkiller' holds his lightsaber behind his back, like he's Darth Snoop Dog.

It's like holding a hand gun sideways. Looks cool to many, but stupid when you're in an actual fight.
Leader of the Pro-Trek/Anti-The Culture movement

'Attack of the Clones: For some reason I can make it to Anakin's cringe-worthy lovey-dovey lines on Naboo, but I can't get to the choice bits with ..you know...the actual Attack of the Clones. As far as I know, the movie should have been called "Episode II: I Hate Sand." '

--Dark Moose

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »
- I hate how 'Starkiller' holds his lightsaber behind his back, like he's Darth Snoop Dog.

It's like holding a hand gun sideways. Looks cool to many, but stupid when you're in an actual fight.

Starkiller apparently has a number of different lightsabers he usses through out the tale. The one he holds behind him has a hilt much like a cops batton, with that extra handle protuding from the side.

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 11:00:25 AM »
Holding the lightsaber like that does have some precedent in the EU, a Dark Jedi and his descendant in I, Jedi hold their lightsaber like that.

Offline The Third Revelation

• I've got two words for you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 04:17:39 AM »
I just read the comic book...and...

Meh.

I wasn't too impressed.

I stopped reading it when I got to the part where he fights the Obi-Wan Kenobi robot . I mean, WTF, man?
"Does it make you happy? You're so stra-a-ange."

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »
I just read the comic book...and...

Meh.

I wasn't too impressed.

I stopped reading it when I got to the part where he fights the Obi-Wan Kenobi robot . I mean, WTF, man?

Yeah...that was kinda full of shit.

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 02:08:36 AM »
I've been playing the game, and I got to say, it's overrated.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline The Third Revelation

• I've got two words for you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 02:27:36 AM »
I wouldn't mind trying it on the Wii -- apparently you use the remote as a lightsaber and the wii nunchuks (whatever that is) as force powers -- it sounds like it'd be fun, as long nobody actually sees you playing it. Shame I don't have a wii.
"Does it make you happy? You're so stra-a-ange."