Author Topic: Cylon-Centric BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TV-Movie Prequel  (Read 5852 times)

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
Cylon-Centric BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TV-Movie Prequel
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »
Link
Cylon-Centric
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
TV-Movie Prequel To Hit SciFi Subsequent To Series Finale!!
I am – Hercules!!

The “Battlestar Galactica” TV-movie directed by Edward James Olmos from a teleplay by "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" vet Jane Espenson will hit SciFi in 2009 -- after the series finale airs.

As anticipated, the untitled movie will, like "Razor," be a prequel project. (But it is not to be confused with the separate "Galactica" prequel project "Caprica," a pilot movie scripted by Ronald D. Moore that deals with the "birth" of the Cylons half a century earlier.)

The Los Angeles Times has the plot of the untitled prequel:

The stand-alone will document the Cylons' attempts -- those of two agents in particular -- to grapple with human survivors, both those aboard ships and those left alive on planets, shortly after the Cylons' destruction of human home worlds.

Three actors who play Cylons -- Dean Stockwell (Brother Cavil), Michael Trucco (Sam Anders), Aaron Douglas (Galen Tyrol) – have signed on to the project, set to start shooting this month.

Earlier reports suggested Grace Park (Sharon Valerii Agathon), Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh) and Katee Sackhoff (Kara Thrace) were also being pursued for the project.

Find all of the Times’ story on the matter here.

Sounds awesome. I guess we'll be seeing the survivors of the Pegasus massacre on the civvie ships after all. I hope they do something with the survivors left behind on new Caprica as well.

Offline caisson2delta

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cylon-Centric BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TV-Movie Prequel
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:12:25 AM »
This could be very interesting indeed. Smells as if it could turn out better than Caprica and cause a stir of this becoming a short lived series in itself.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:55:17 AM »
This could be very interesting indeed. Smells as if it could turn out better than Caprica and cause a stir of this becoming a short lived series in itself.

I wouldn't mind seeing the entire series redone in multi-part movie or miniseries format featuring the POV of the Cylons with occasional appearances from the BSG crew. Hell, start it before the Human Genocide.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:56:57 AM by Flagg »

Offline caisson2delta

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:39:26 AM »
That's an interesting take, would have never thought of it from that perspective. That would be quite entertaining.

Offline mark

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 08:28:01 PM »
If this is going to be from the POV of the Cylons, it can make sense if Anders and Starbuck are in it, Anders having been on Caprica and Starbuck visiting twice. But Tyrol and Tigh? Does this mean that there are copies of the final four/fiverunning around? I guess it would explain the coincidence of the final four surviving and being in the fleet. Assuming they're appearing as different copies and not as the ones in the fleet, of course.
"Even if a hundred percent of the people polled like f%#&ing Hobbit movies, they still suck." --Penn Jillette

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 04:31:09 AM »
If this is going to be from the POV of the Cylons, it can make sense if Anders and Starbuck are in it, Anders having been on Caprica and Starbuck visiting twice. But Tyrol and Tigh? Does this mean that there are copies of the final four/fiverunning around? I guess it would explain the coincidence of the final four surviving and being in the fleet. Assuming they're appearing as different copies and not as the ones in the fleet, of course.

It's likely they are going to feature them during the occupation of New Caprica.