Author Topic: Star Wars Spinoffs...  (Read 406 times)

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Star Wars Spinoffs...
« on: May 17, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »
I've been wondering about who they would do spinoff movies about.  Then I read the article here....

https://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/disney-planning-star-wars-spin-films-76376

Kinberg did a Sherlock Holmes movie and an X-Men movie.  Not you're parents (or grandparents, great-grandparents, etc) Sherlock Holmes though, but an action packed version.  So, who in the Star Wars universe, or more specifically, the Star Wars movies could it be?  Well, it's gotta be Boba Fett.  Right?

And Lawrence Kasdan?  Well, he wrote the screen play for ESB and RotJ.  And who was the biggest character addition to the Star Wars galaxy in those two books?  Lando.  I'm right, aren't I? 

Other characters could be used.  Obi-Wan, but probably not.  Windu Mace is a possibility.  Some "young Han Solo" movies are a possibility.  And it wouldn't be that bad if they at least particially based on Brian Daley's three books from the late 70s.  But those will probably wait until after Ep IX because you don't want to re-cast Han while you need Harrison Ford.  Who else are possible?  Darth Vader? 

I would be open to most characters...as long as it's not Jar Jar Binks.  And I doubt they'll start throwing in "Expanded Universe" characters because the post-RotJ EU is likely gonna go the way of the Star Trek novels.

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Spinoffs...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »
Actually the Kasdan could be doing a Yoda movie.