Author Topic: Animate the EU...?  (Read 3900 times)

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Animate the EU...?
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:50:34 AM »
Ok, so I went and saw Clone Wars a few weeks ago.  I didn't find out anything about it before I went and didn't know what to expect.  The first part wasn't so good and when the introduced Ziro the Huttnik I damned near walked out.  I just kept on thinking "I sat through Ewoks: Battle For Endor, I can make it through this" (and I liked it at the time, but then again I was 6 at the time).  But that's not the point of this post.  Before the introduction of Ziro the Oh-My-God-they've-Gone-Too-Far-This-Time (or as the Roger Rabbit and Kermit the Frog cross-bread Jar Jar Binks would say, "Itta may-ka meesa notta looka so bad-eh") I thought that it wouldn't be so bad if they CGIed much of the Expanded Universe.

Think about it, the Thrawn Trilogy, the X-Wing Series, all the "Tales of/from the..." book series and more.

Offline Glory to the Dominion

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: Animate the EU...?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
The Thrawn trilogy, Dark Empire etc would be great to see in a new animated series. Of course we probably would never see it as I imagine that would imvolve our glorious leader (Mr Lucas to the rest of us) handing over some cash to the writers of the stories Id imagine.

That said, Id prefer a more serious tone and a different animation style, C.W style is ok but its a tad too 'cartoon-y' for my preferences.

And Id love to see Mara Jade kicking some ass :) Plus they could delve into the back stories of all the EU characteres, Thrawn's early missions, Mara's training etc

Offline Legion

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Firemod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »
Actually there is a fan-project doing just that, or at least they were doing it - because other than a trailer and a few screens which appeared in June last year, nothing has come forward since than.

http://www.talesofthenewrepublic.com/
J.J. Abrams about the new film:

"Its not a reboot"

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the Yuzzhan Vong storyline animated...heck, I'd even like to see the whole Darth Caedus thing as well.

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk