Author Topic: [EAS] Starship Bridges and other Galleries  (Read 68578 times)

Offline Captain Serek

• Captain of the USS Intrepid NCC-1738
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
[EAS] Starship Bridges and other Galleries
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »
I just want to thank Bernd and crew for his latest batch of scans with particular notice to the mysterious artist BobyE who has finally created variations and brand new bridges not seen in the Star Trek Fact Files/Magazine. My hats off to one of my favorite Star Trek sites which I have been reading daily for a decade.

If one has a copy of the Fact Files and the Magazine, the NCC-1701-E bridges are different. The one in the Bridge gallery is the First Contact bridge, the drawing in the Magazine is from Insurrection. I am grateful for the TOS Miranda class Saratoga bridge by BobyE, I know that the Reliant bridge is still missing in this august collection. This is not a criticism, only a suggestion.

Keep up the good work team.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:03:20 PM by Captain Serek »
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in!

Offline Phaeton99

• Prolific Member
  • Being fiction is no excuse for bad design
    • View Profile
Re: {EAS) Starship Bridges and other Galleries
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
Those excellent bridge illustrations are one of the things that first brought me to the site.   ;D
Go Boldly...
But watch out for that first step.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:00:04 PM »
Same here, I have become a bridge geek as a result.
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in!

Offline Ottens

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Trek
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
There is no team, only Bernd.  ;)
FORGOTTEN TREK -- the Internet's treasure of behind the scenes Star Trek

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:12:38 PM »
There is no team, only Bernd.  ;)

My mistake, although by team I meant BobyE and Jorg who have contributed to the site with drawings or pictures. I agree Bernd is the man.

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 07:15:36 PM »
Thanks, and you're welcome. ;D

Many things would not be possible without people contributing. I don't have the time to modify the bridge images, which requires a good deal of research and then still takes a couple of hours to draw. So I am grateful for BobyE's work. And Jörg's annotated screen caps are invaluable. It is amazing how fast he scans through the episodes, extracting all the valuable stuff and categorizing it.

There is a team indeed in many of my projects, but the incentive and the final decision lies with me.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »
I am very impressed with BobyE's work. I wonder if he is going to tackle bridges like the Sutherland or Brattain since there is almost no guide within the Fact File/Magazine scans. If he does, wonderful since I love his work as I mentioned in my previous posts.

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
Re: [EAS] Starship Bridges and other Galleries
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:26:17 PM »
Is there a way we can get BobbyE to do a rendition of the Excelsior's Bridge as it was seen in Star Trek III?  ;D

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »
Is there a way we can get BobyE to do a rendition of the Excelsior's Bridge as it was seen in Star Trek III?  ;D

there is a definite laundry list of bridges I am sure, I would love to see that and many others. By the way, the Hathaway and the Voyage Home Saratoga were on said list.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 10:17:14 PM »
Here are a couple of bridges from three years ago. They are of the USS Excalibur - Ambassador Class - NCC-26517, Here they are:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/CaptainSerek/bridge-ambassador-26517-1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/CaptainSerek/bridge-ambassador-265171.jpg

I have the full sized drawings on my hard drive and hopefully the artist does as well.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:25:31 PM by Captain Serek »

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 09:58:33 AM »
These bridges are wonderful. I think I should ask for permission to use them.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »
I agree Bernd. I believe the artist is on this forum or on the Flare one. The second Excalibur bridge is from the graphic novel 'Double Time' that came out n 2000. The first one is rendered under Captain Korsmo's time as captain. If you get permission, you should get the full size rather than my Photobucket reduced seen here. At one time, the same said artist was tackling the USS Brattain bridge. I had mentioned it in a previous post that the USS Brattain was on a wish list of bridge drawings, along with the USS Sutherland, USS Saratoga (Sisko's), USS Odyssey, USS Lantree and several more. One can only wait and see since these take time, research and patience. The end results are worth the waits.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »
I made a list of bridges I think all of us want to see in the eventual future. Given BobyE's or someone else's talents, I am sure they can be done. Here is the list:

TOS:

USS Enterprise - NCC-1701 from Where No Man Has Gone Before (done)
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701 from Star Trek II (done)
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-A from Star Trek IV (done)
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-A from Star Trek V (done)
USS Excelsior - NX-2000 from Star Trek III (done)
USS Reliant - NCC-1864 from Star Trek II  (done)
USS Yorktown - NCC-1704/1717 from Star Trek IV (done)
USS Saratoga - NCC-1867 from Star Trek IV (done)
USS Shepard - NCC-631 from Star Trek IV (done)

TNG:

USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-D Battle Bridge from Arsenal of Freedom
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-D Battle Bridge from The Best of Both Worlds
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-D from Future Imperfect
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-D from Yesterday's Enterprise
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-D from Parallels
USS Enterprise - NCC-1701-D from All Good Things...
USS Tsiolkovsky - NCC-53911 from The Naked Now
USS Yosemite - NCC-19002 from The Realm of Fear
USS Hathaway - NCC-2593 from Peak Performance (done)
USS Lantree - NCC-1837 from Unnatural Selection
USS Yamato - NCC-71807 from Contagion
USS Brattain - NCC-21166 from Night Terrors
USS Sutherland - NCC-72015 from Redemption (done)
USS Jenolan - NCC-2010 from Relics (done)
USS Bozeman - NCC-1941 from Cause and Effect

DS9:

USS Odyssey - NCC-71832 from The Jem'Hadar
USS Saratoga - NCC-31911 from Emissary (done)
USS Defiant - NX-74205 - The Search
USS Defiant - NX-74205 from For The Uniform (holo-emitter variant)
USS Valiant - NCC-74210 from Valiant (done)
USS Sao Paulo - NCC-75633 from Dogs of War (done)

VOY:

USS Rhode Island - NCC-72701 from Endgame

ENT:

Enterprise - NX-01 from These Are The Voyages... (done)

GAME:

USS Righteous - NCC-42451 from Star Trek-Borg (done)

I am sure I missed stuff and feel free to add to the list. I know brilliance can not be rushed. To me, seeing the Hathaway, Saratoga and the Enterprise 'Wrath of Khan' bridge is a very big treat. I will keep watching the site for updates as I have since I first found it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:07:54 PM by Captain Serek »

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 04:08:16 AM »
From BobyE:

Righteous bridge

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 10:57:02 AM »
Very impressive. My hats off to BobyE. I look forward to seeing that bridge as well as other new bridges on your site, Bernd.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:50:32 PM by Captain Serek »

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »
A silly question, are you going to release the new bridges here like the USS Righteous or are we going to see them in the next Gallery update?

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 06:43:46 PM »
The canon bridges will be on the site, rather than here. Perhaps next week.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
Thanks Bernd, looking forward to it and thanks for being prompt in answering me.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 06:51:21 PM »
Nice bridge update, I am still awaiting the Reliant, Sisko's Saratoga, plus whatever others but still an excellent update though. I look forward to so much more. I know how busy you are so whenever it happens.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:33:03 AM by Captain Serek »

Offline Phaeton99

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »
I just wish that the added and updated bridges were marked as such on the page. 
Figuring out which are old and which are new leaves me looking through them all every time some change is annouced. 
Not that I don't enjoy studying bridge designs, but it takes more time than I should.   :-\
Go Boldly...

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 03:12:28 PM »
Figuring out which are old and which are new leaves me looking through them all every time some change is annouced. 
Not that I don't enjoy studying bridge designs, but it takes more time than I should.   :-\

That's a good idea, but extremely impractical for me because creating and maintaining the site is 100% manual work. I can either present everything as the best and most complete version ever but with only basic update notes, or I would have to switch to something that is organized like a blog and accordingly chronological but otherwise cluttered. Adding "new" signs to each and everything new and removing them in time would only increase the already huge effort of trying to keep the site updated (20 hours per week).

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »
Bernd, thanks for uploading the Saratoga and Reliant. Keep up the good work.

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
Wow. You must be monitoring the site.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
Wow. You must be monitoring the site.

Bernd, as I have mentioned, I have been going to your site for a decade now. This was one of the first Star Trek sites I bookmarked. The bridge gallery sucked me in, the articles and other areas keep me.

Your partnership with BobyE has produced some fantastic bridge drawings that the Fact Files or the Magazine never got to. I like looking at them and I am impressed with his research.

For the record, I do monitor the site. It is seen everyday, sometimes more since I like to explore it. I am a fan but not a dangerous one. I just know what I like and I appreciate your patience and bearing with me. I know you are very busy with a real life and this is a hobby.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more.

Offline Phaeton99

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 10:22:26 AM »
Not that I don't enjoy studying bridge designs, but it takes more time than I should.   :-\

That's a good idea, but extremely impractical for me because creating and maintaining the site is 100% manual work. I can either present everything as the best and most complete version ever but with only basic update notes, or I would have to switch to something that is organized like a blog and accordingly chronological but otherwise cluttered. Adding "new" signs to each and everything new and removing them in time would only increase the already huge effort of trying to keep the site updated (20 hours per week).

Ah, the joys of site maintenance never end.   :P
Go Boldly...