Author Topic: [EAS] Starship Bridges and other Galleries  (Read 66025 times)

Offline Captain Serek

• Captain of the USS Intrepid NCC-1738
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
Re: [EAS] Starship Bridges and other Galleries
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 04:04:33 PM »
Another silly question, why is the USS Righteous bridge here rather than on your site? Unless you are planning on releasing it with the Excalibur bridges at the same time plus any other BobyE updates. Just an inquiry, I am sure you have your reasons.
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in!

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »
I'm showing only the canon bridges.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 11:47:41 AM »
Thanks again.
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in!

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 01:47:48 PM »
Thanks, and you're welcome. ;D

Many things would not be possible without people contributing. I don't have the time to modify the bridge images, which requires a good deal of research and then still takes a couple of hours to draw. So I am grateful for BobyE's work.

I know that the Brattain and Sutherland bridges will not be easy due to their unusual arrangements, thank goodness there are screencaps available for research. The Lantree is quite a bit easier but I am still very happy with the work so far. Keep it up, EAS Team.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 05:06:53 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing one of the Odyssey's bridge, personally.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing one of the Odyssey's bridge, personally.

I have it on the list of bridges on page 1 of this thread along with others I have added as I have thought of them.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 08:24:53 PM by Captain Serek »

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »
Another silly question, are you going to create a non canon bridge section for bridges like the USS Righteous or USS Excalibur?

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 PM »
No. But if it is accordingly fleshed out (description, history, etc.), it may qualify for the JoAT.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »
I am afraid my writing skills are lacking, although I am sure someone with exceptional skills can create the appropriate texts for the ships, beyond taking what is in the other wikis in which they are listed.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 02:42:45 PM »
Thanks for the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A bridge from Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home. You guys rock, especially Bernd, BobyE and all the staff.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 05:04:16 PM »
*sighs* I'd kill for a BobyE drawing of some shuttlebays >_<
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:25 PM »
I am still waiting on the list on page 1. I figure he will do them as time permits. Also, every time a new one is added, I check off the list. Bernd, BobyE and all the staff do a great job, one should not rush greatness.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the USS Excelsior NX-2000 bridge from Star Trek III, very impressive work by BobyE again. Kudos to him and Bernd.

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 02:02:54 PM »
Yeah...I just looked at it. Good job!

;D

Though...for some reason...I always thought it was bigger than that.

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
Perhaps it looked bigger because it was so empty and with little detail?

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
And camera angles.

;)

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
Considering according to Memory Alpha and many other sources, the Excelsior bridge was not even a complete set, just the angles we saw. BobyE apparently used screen shots and conjecture to create the drawing we are seeing. Kudos and Bravo again. I look forward to more, whenever they happen.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »
Yeah...I just looked at it. Good job!

;D

Though...for some reason...I always thought it was bigger than that.

Yeah, I thought that as well.  My first impression was that there should be more stations/chairs along the wall.

It's an impressive work none the less.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »
Very impressive...and I was actually thinking the same thing as well, Jimi.

Offline Captain Serek

• View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 08:25:08 PM »
I hope once BobyE is done with the Federation bridges, he might tackle the Klingon and Romulan variants like the Bounty, Klaa's ship, Chang's ship, Duras sisters and so forth. As usual it is wait and see. If I feel a need I can post a list similar to the one on page 1 of this thread.

Offline USS Mariner

• Absolutley Right™
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 11:58:15 AM »
Well, it says other galleries, so here's something non-bridge related...

Bernd, do you plan on eventually adding and replacing the images of various starships with the stuff from DrexFiles? I know you frequent the site from time to time, but It'd be nice to hear about it.
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 05:27:03 AM »
I am currently just replacing the side views in the database. I have not included the new views in the galleries. Perhaps Doug doesn't mind but I don't just want to rip them off.

Offline USS Mariner

• Absolutley Right™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »
I fail to see how he'd be upset, unless you removed the "Drex Files" tag he has on every image. ::)

I'd bet that if you asked him, he might do more than just give permission...;)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Offline QuantumData

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 03:59:52 PM »
I love those bridge illustrations. That's why I love EAS to no end.

But I still disagree with many of his statements. Such as the NX-01.

At first though I did agree with him on the NX-01 being too much like the Akira class, but then I got to thinking about it and the real world example would be the flying wing. This was brought to my attention when I was watching the original War Of The Worlds movie. And then it dawned on me that that was a real world example of technology that had the same basic form but different tech from the prop engines to the jets of the 1950s to the Stealth bomber. And eventually the NX-01 design grew on me. But I still would've loved it if the Enterprise was a Daedalus class. Mostly because it seems to me that the Constitution class developed more directly from that design than the NX-01.

8One of the biggest things that I've never been able to understand about the NX-01 is the thing between the warp engines. It seems to me it's a poor placement because how would the crew have access to it for repairs? They would have to go through the warp engines for that.

However, I can't prove that now in hindsight because of the article that does use the same argument that i would've.

Things change. I'll never understand the attitude of Star Trek Fans who balk at any kind of change.

But I was highly disappointed at the people at Trek BBS who were ridiculing him as well. As Trek fans we should be above those kinds of petty differences because that was the true essence of Trek, was to rise above those petty differences and elt people be themselves.

'

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 05:27:07 AM »
QD, you might have opened a new thread. But let's keep the discussion here.

I am not opposed to change, I just dislike change that happens retroactively, in a way that it does not improve the consistency (as in TOS Remastered) but worsens it. Consistency, just like the prevailing optimism of the franchise, is one of Trek's most valuable assets, and this was jeopardized in Star Trek Enterprise and was downright abandoned in the reboot movie.

And to mention only two examples, the use of the basic Akira design on behalf of the boss who liked that 24th century ship was just as conscious a mistake as was the upscaling of the New Enterprise to allow just one particular scene -- both for no good reason.

The difference between me and the fans who chime in in anti-EAS threads is that I am tolerant, and that I never insult other fans for their readiness to accept changes as silly as these are in my firm opinion. I can understand if someone sees Trek as entertainment that does not hold up to closer examination. But once I have decided to care about it, I would not be content with saying "So this is the list of everything that is different now. Who cares?". Some people even accused me of compiling this list in the first place as if the new film were a holy cow.

I respect your view and thanks for your understanding!