Author Topic: Future Starfleet craft in comparance to other craft  (Read 3667 times)

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
Future Starfleet craft in comparance to other craft
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:58:38 AM »
I was checking on some pages to find out what the dimensions of a torpedo exactly are (I still don't know >_<), when I came past some pictures of the Voyager episode Thirty Days. The DITL page can be found here, in which we see a Monean ship from the back. It bears a more than striking similarity with the Relativity! Although it hasn't got the timecoil... thingy that the Relativity had as a tail, the shapes are practically the same.

The same is true for the Devore shuttle and the timeship Aeon. While the Devore has more flowing lines that the Aeon, the shape is almost identical. Bernd, were you aware of this or is this new?
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
Re: Future Starfleet craft in comparance to other craft
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, this topic was moved down too quickly.

I noticed the similarity too, and I wondered whether the basic models may be the same. There were different CGI companies working on Voyager from the third to the fifth season. But perhaps they still relied on the same basic work?