Author Topic: [EAS] Drex Files  (Read 4483 times)

Offline USS Mariner

• Absolutley Right™
    • View Profile
[EAS] Drex Files
« on: January 27, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »
Doug Drexler has his own blog now, and it's oozing with backstage material, from props to vintage photos to set stories galore.

One of the recent jewels from his blog is the USS Jupp, the Constitution-saucer kitbash from DS9.

He has excellent shots of the Stargazer desk model, the Lakota, the ENT Inspection Pod and Lifeboat models, the Runabout and shuttlepod sets, and even some unique miniatures such as the warp coil miniature from "Eye of the Beholder."

I think you'll find it an excellent resource for updating EAS's galleries. ;)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan Noonien Singh
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Re: [EAS] Drex Files
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:18:36 PM »
Someone posted a link to his blog in another thread, still it's worth mentioning again because it's so damn awesome. 
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Captain Serek

• Captain of the USS Intrepid NCC-1738
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to SFOF
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 01:05:27 PM »
I am following that site religiously, almost as badly as I follow EAS. BTS pix and stories are always cool, even 20-40 years later.
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in!

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
Yeah, there's some great stuff. I hope he keeps it coming!