Author Topic: Random Stargate Fan Chatter  (Read 65859 times)

Offline BlackWidow

• セクシーな事務局長
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stargate Fan Chatter
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 04:30:07 PM »
Well be sure you do the asking yourself Jedigreedo I remember during my days in the dance clubs a guy come up to me with the line 'my freind over there is shy but wants to meet you' OMG that is so weak!...if you have someone do that for you just to say 'hi' that will hurt.

千に抗する強さの単独ライダー: ドラゴンの運命

Offline caisson2delta

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 12:41:39 AM »
Perhaps, but it never hurts to ask. :D
Just learn to lick your own eyebrows and you'll never have to worry about trying to meet any women.

Offline GStone

• Veteran Member
  • Undercover in Culture space
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 02:13:05 PM »
Because you've exanguanated via ripping the soft tissue in your mouth.
Leader of the Pro-Trek/Anti-The Culture movement

'Attack of the Clones: For some reason I can make it to Anakin's cringe-worthy lovey-dovey lines on Naboo, but I can't get to the choice bits with ..you know...the actual Attack of the Clones. As far as I know, the movie should have been called "Episode II: I Hate Sand." '

--Dark Moose

Offline DukeOfChaos

• The power of evil compels you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2009, 07:33:20 PM »
But, what does this have to do with stargate? just a question.

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2009, 04:38:34 PM »
Answer........Absolutely nothing!

I suffer from the downhill-effect-of-backwards-advancing!

Offline DukeOfChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2009, 07:59:12 AM »

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2009, 05:01:26 PM »
Stargate COSPLAY!!!

;D

8)

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2009, 05:09:11 PM »
Stargate COSPLAY!!!

;D

8)
Quoted for being full of WIN!

Offline GStone

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 07:34:32 AM »
Except for where she's looking stern. Is smiling too much to ask for these days?

'Attack of the Clones: For some reason I can make it to Anakin's cringe-worthy lovey-dovey lines on Naboo, but I can't get to the choice bits with ..you know...the actual Attack of the Clones. As far as I know, the movie should have been called "Episode II: I Hate Sand." '

--Dark Moose

Offline Jedigreedo

• Veteran Member
  • Red Shirt Says Aaggghh
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 10:30:46 AM »
If she's from the group I think she is, then she's not a smiler unless there's lots of alcohol involved.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we woke up!"

Offline DarkShinobi

• Eminent Member
  • Oderint dum metuant
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »
Except for where she's looking stern. Is smiling too much to ask for these days?

I'm sure there's something ya can show her to make her smile.

;D

"You have always had a hard time finding your place in this world, haven't you? Never knowing your true worth? You can settle for less than an ordinary life. Now you feel like you were meant for something better? Something special?"    - Christopher Pike speaking to a young James T. Kirk

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »
I was checking out Gateworld and they have the new cast photo posted for SG-U. It seems, and I say it lightly, that they are sticking too close to the original theme. The dorkish doctor, the tough leader, the sexy smarty, etc... It's like the Star Trek series, new places, same faces. Thoughts on the show's potential?

Offline GStone

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2009, 08:05:25 AM »
They've been at it for a while and with just 1 show, hopefully they'll do good.

--Dark Moose

Offline DukeOfChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »
I don't know, I think the stargate series is running out of gas. It’s a shame too because it would have gone on forever if not for the "science fiction" channel...

Offline Kentar

• Back from reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »
SGU is going gay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does everyone feel compelled to be so politically correct? They have every kind of ethnicity and relationship possible being starred in this show! It's getting old....

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »
The have a gay character? OMG, ITS TEH SUX!

13 years of Stargate, over 300 episodes, two dvd movies. But they add one gay character, and it's the end of the world. It's one character, big deal.

"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Jedigreedo

• Veteran Member
  • Red Shirt Says Aaggghh
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
What, is Lorne joining the show?

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »
So long as the gay character doesn't become a stereotype then I don't care if they have a gay character on the show. 

And if Stargate is/was trying to be politically correct then why does everything Russian fail on the show?  Russian Stargate program: failed & pretty much everyone on their base died.  Russian Stargate team rescue: pretty much failed in part due to Russians keeping secrets and all but one of the Russian team died.  Russian team assigned to the SGC: they all died (with at least one of them busting into a pile of water thanks to Nerti's experiments with an Ancient genetic manipulator).  The Korolev: Blown up shortly after being finished.  And I don't remember them ever showing any Russian personnel on Atlantis.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2009, 05:39:18 PM »
What, is Lorne joining the show?

It's a character that's not even part of the main cast. It's the IOA woman Carmilla(sp?) Wray.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Jedigreedo

• Veteran Member
  • Red Shirt Says Aaggghh
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
Oh, it's a woman?  Then why are people complaining...

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2009, 04:05:03 AM »
SGU is going gay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does everyone feel compelled to be so politically correct? They have every kind of ethnicity and relationship possible being starred in this show! It's getting old....

Acknowledging the existence of gay people is not political correctness. What gets old is religious people flipping out because TV shows include gay characters. They exist, and they're going to be used as characters; deal with it.

Here's how you can gauge how your comment sounds to other people who don't get hung up on any mention of gays. Substitute "black" for "gay" and see how that sounds. "SGU is going black!!!!!!!!!!!!" You'd probably think it was bigoted sounding, right? Same thing when it's gays that are mentioned.

They have "every kind of ethnicity and relationship possible" (which is not true, but whatever) because they wish to appeal to the broadest base of people possible. It's not political correctness, it's appealing to as many demographics as you can to draw in more viewers.

It's all money-based, which is also why they copped-out and chose a hot lesbian instead of a gay man, because hot lesbians are less intimidating and more attractive to insecure males in the lucrative 18-35 demographic. So, really, they're not making any bold stance here anyway. Wooptie friggin do, they suggest off camera and after the show is done that Lorne is gay (Dumbledore style) and have a lipstick lesbian background character. How brave.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:06:56 AM by Bond, James Bond »

Offline Hobbes

• Veteran Member
  • Cinnamon! No!
    • View Profile
    • Federation Starship Datalink
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2009, 12:13:36 PM »
The fact that there's a gay character doesn't bother me.  It's the logic of having a token gay cause they haven't had one in Stargate.  It's like all those rumors of Reed on Enterprise being gay since there has never been a gay main character on Trek.  The whole political correctness mentality of "see San Francisco, we support gay people" and not because there's any other reason for one.  If that makes any sense.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Federation Starship Datalink

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2009, 05:03:20 AM »
Well, no matter what the alleged reasoning for it is, there would always have to be someone to be "the first gay character in Stargate" or any other franchise, so how do you avoid the charge of pandering unless you simply never have a gay character at all?

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2009, 05:08:19 AM »
What's funny, Bond, the whole thing was really blown out of proportion by the fanbase themselves. IIRC, it was Gero, who mentioned Wray was gay, in a interview about the various characters, and their backgrounds. It was more of a throw away comment, then the  "WE HAVE A GAY PERSON!", people are making it out to be.

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2009, 09:00:36 PM »
I was checking out Gateworld and they have the new cast photo posted for SG-U. It seems, and I say it lightly, that they are sticking too close to the original theme. The dorkish doctor, the tough leader, the sexy smarty, etc... It's like the Star Trek series, new places, same faces. Thoughts on the show's potential?

That's because it is Star Trek under another name. Judging from the previews,Most likely it'll be utter crap.

Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.