Author Topic: Daybreak ***Spoilers***  (Read 21359 times)

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
Re: Daybreak ***Spoilers***
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »
If you thought "our" Earth was the nuked Earth then you're an idiot.

Oooo ooo ooo, I love it when net-nerds insult someone from the safety of their mom's basement.

Besides, although we never saw specific continents when the final five are going 'ok, we've arrived at earth' and what little architecture we saw has similarities with our architecture, it kinda suggests that this is earth. Plus the final five call it earth. Plus the song of the five is a song from our past, further suggesting that this song came from our society...so yea how unreasonable of me to assume that it was within the realms of possibility that the nuked earth was our earth...  ::)

I love when idiots say idiotic things to their betters. From the safety of their idiot nests. Idiot.
I love how when you "argue", you just insult people that you disagree with.

Idiot.

I love how you step in and make yourself look like a douchebag in every situation you possibly can.

Douchebag.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough." - TR

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »

I love how you step in and make yourself look like a douchebag in every situation you possibly can.

Douchebag.

You're calling me a douchebag just because I've finally gotten tired of your bullshit?

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

Douchebag.

You're calling me a douchebag just because I've finally gotten tired of your bullshit?

No, I'm calling you a douchebag because you're full of vaginal discharge.

Offline Manticore

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 03:51:09 PM »

How does that even make any kind of sense?  All that you're trying to do is get a rise out of me.  Failing, but trying.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 03:55:31 PM »

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »

How does that even make any kind of sense?  All that you're trying to do is get a rise out of me.  Failing, but trying.

Poor douchebag.

Offline Glory to the Dominion

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
Here's the point => ()

() <= Here's you

The entire point was that they named the planet they found (our Earth) after the original one that was the home of the Thirteenth Tribe. The two planets were not clones of each other, nor were they related in anyway except in name. They pretty much spell this out in the show, so I'm surprised that you didn't pick up on it.

Well, I'll excuse the unecessary rudeness of your post and simply say I didnt even suggest the planets were clones or related and I dont agree with any of your post, which incidentally does not acknowledge the points I rasied previously so I'll state them again.

There is at least circumstantial evidence to suggest that the initial tack of the show was to suggest that nuked earth was our earth, evidence being, a) Five leading the fleet to 'earth', b) similar architecture, c) the song.

So I think you may be missing the point. (or at least my point)

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »
No you, being an idiot, continue to miss the point that anyone who fell for that misdirection is a moron.

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 05:10:18 PM »
No you, being an idiot, continue to miss the point that anyone who fell for that misdirection is a moron.

Shush little boy. You are boring me.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »

Shush little boy. You are boring me.

Then do us all a favor and drink some bleach.

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »

Then do us all a favor and drink some bleach.

If you cant come up with anyting better than that, you really do need to shush.

Offline CX

• Distinguished Member
  • Bully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »
You all need to shut it.  If you can't discuss the episode without trading insults, then don't bother posting anything.  So just knock it off already.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 06:07:46 PM »
Sorry, my post wasn't meant as an insult, I apologize if it came off that way.
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009, 01:42:54 AM »
Sorry, my post wasn't meant as an insult, I apologize if it came off that way.

No problem man, no harm done.

Offline Stoo

• an all too ordinary story
  • Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2009, 08:20:14 AM »
Besides, although we never saw specific continents when the final five are going 'ok, we've arrived at earth' and what little architecture we saw has similarities with our architecture, it kinda suggests that this is earth. Plus the final five call it earth. Plus the song of the five is a song from our past, further suggesting that this song came from our society...so yea how unreasonable of me to assume that it was within the realms of possibility that the nuked earth was our earth...  ::)

Well, earlier you said "I thought the nuked earth was supposed to be 'our' earth,". I guess it comes down to what you mean by "supposed to be".

While Ron doesn't seem to be the master of planning ahead, I don't think he ever intended it to be our earth. We as the audience however were led to believe it was, apart from a few question-marks like the continents.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 08:21:54 AM by Stoo »

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 08:50:04 AM »

Well, earlier you said "I thought the nuked earth was supposed to be 'our' earth,". I guess it comes down to what you mean by "supposed to be".

While Ron doesn't seem to be the master of planning ahead, I don't think he ever intended it to be our earth. We as the audience however were led to believe it was, apart from a few question-marks like the continents.

Don't bother, Stoo.

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36:52 AM »

Yea I suppose I could have chosen better words than 'supposed to be'. By that, I meant, as you say, that it seemed like the audience was led to believe that nuked earth was our earth.

I guess I should have simply said 'I thought nuked earth was our earth and that was it' being my interpretation of the evidence, having seen little evidence to suggest otherwise (aside from lack of continent detail).

Now I think back, at the end of season 2 or 3, cant remember which, in the last episode there was a big pan out to show the galaxy then zoom in again to 'earth'. I certainly got the impression that this was suppposed to be our earth, this being the nuked earth the fleet eventually found.