Author Topic: Brain Teaser puzzle.  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Rick King AIFD

• Veteran Member
  • official what-iffer
    • View Profile
Brain Teaser puzzle.
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:27:34 PM »
I stumbled across this in cleaning my house and thought this would make a great challenge for you all.

Way back in the nineth grade of high school - This was back in 1979 - My math teach at the beginning of the school year showed us this puzzle - The prize for figuring out the solution was a steak dinner at the restaurant of our choice paid in full by him. He assured us that it was not a trick, that it could be done. However, to the best of my knowledge, only one student in another class figured out the solution, but would not reveal the anser to anyone but the teacher.

Here is the puzzle.

In the attached image, you will see two identical shapes outlined in black. In the first shape is a pattern of red lines. The puzzle is to duplicate the pattern of the first shape in the second shape WITHOUT tracing over an existing line in 9 lines or less.

This is important: Fot this puzzle, a line is any continous movement of your pen or pencil without lifting the pen from the paper REGARDLESS of how many times you change direction.
........If I have failed, then I have failed while daring greatly, henceforth my place shall never be found amoung those timid souls who know not the thrill of victory or bitter defeat....