Author Topic: Please Check out My "Trek" Themed Animations at GoAnimate.com  (Read 3695 times)

Offline trekhed68

• View Profile
Hello, everyone! This is my first post to the Subspace Comms Network, and I'm very pleased to be here. I've been a regular poster over at StarTrek.com since November 2007, where I'm also known by the handle TrekHed68. I'm a 41-year-old male living in Jersey City, New Jersey, U.S.A., and I've been a Trek fan all my life.

I've enjoyed the show in all its iterations, from TOS through the TNG-era shows (TNG, DS9, and VOY), and yes--even the much-maligned ENT. But the Original Series still holds a special place in my heart, and it's always been a dream of mine to write my own Star Trek stories featuring Captain Kirk, Mister Spock, and the rest of the iconic original cast.

Earlier this year, that dream came true when I found out about GoAnimate.com. GoAnimate (or GA, as I affectionately refer to it) is a free site that allows you to create your own animations. You don't even need any prior animating experience! Just set up an account, choose a cast for your animation, and you're on your way! This is the most fun I've had on the computer in a long time!

My current project is an animated adaptation of Julia Ecklar's The Kobayashi Maru. As the title suggests, TKM tells the story of Cadets James T. Kirk, Montgomery Scott, and Hikaru Sulu, recounting their solutions to Starfleet Academy's infamous "no-win scenario." More than that, it tells of the life experiences that led each of them to make their respective choices.

Earlier this spring, I was thrilled and delighted when the author herself, Julia Ecklar, became one of my fans on GoAnimate! I'm currently up to Part 7 of the series, in which Cadet Sulu bids farewell to his grandfather before setting off for command school. You can watch it by clicking this link:

http://goanimate.com/go/movie/03zW5A9HVp48?utm_source=emailshare&uid=0GgRuUNyVzAA

Once you're there, please feel free to watch the rest of the series, as well as the work of other animators. There are some very talented people over at GA. After watching their videos, you may even be inspired to create your own! But be warned--GA is extremely habit-forming!

I hope you enjoy "Kobayashi Maru," as well as my original Star Trek stories "In Thy Image" and "Spoils of War." Thanks for your attention!

Offline trekhed68

• View Profile
Re: Please Check out My "Trek" Themed Animations at GoAnimate.com
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 07:06:22 AM »
Hello, everyone! Check out Part 8 of "Kobayashi Maru." In this chapter, Sulu receives a surprise visit from Tatsuo, who brings some unwelcome news. Cruise on over and let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://goanimate.com/go/movie/00LwJMDAFuLs?utm_source=emailshare&uid=0GgRuUNyVzAA

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
Re: Please Check out My "Trek" Themed Animations at GoAnimate.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 01:21:47 AM »
Ah so you're the maker of the Kobayashi Maru! I had posted a link to it in another forum, I'm going to check out now if that forum isn't a better sutied place for this :) Welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay!
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"