Author Topic: Star Trek Fan wishes to rewrite Voyage's End Game for Fan series  (Read 4243 times)

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
Star Trek Fan wishes to rewrite Voyage's End Game for Fan series
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:22:44 PM »
I've seen a lot of things over at this site. But this is a whole new cake.
http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/forum/index.php?topic=9253.msg114614#new

Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Re: Star Trek Fan wishes to rewrite Voyage's End Game for Fan series
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:39:29 PM »
I read through the brief topic, and nothing really jumped out at me as interesting or particularly new and exciting.  It really just sounded like they would be picking up where Voyager left off, minus the events of End Game.  He's even going to the trouble of putting it in an alternate reality, so what's the point?  If you're going to redo Voyager, then really redo it.  Don't just carry on with the same old material the show ended with.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Talon Lardner

• Just wants to chill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 12:39:50 AM »
It would be interesting indeed if it were a total remake, perhaps taking things in a more... rougher direction. Not necessarily darker, but perhaps a bit grittier, in the sense that this was a ship that had been running non-stop for 7 years without even visiting a base for repairs, yet there wasn't even a single burnt out lightbulb or stained bit of carpet.

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:54:26 PM »
^^ Don't see why it should be rewritten. There's nothing wrong with End Game.
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.