Author Topic: Archived Images?  (Read 4013 times)

Offline bmitchell64

• View Profile
Archived Images?
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:02:57 AM »
I noticed how a lot of artwork, to include my own, has disappeared from the site (Artwork and Design); did any of the artwork get archived or was it all deleted from the server?  I have come across several threads with interesting write ups bu the drawings are gone (or, at least, not showing).  :-\

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: Archived Images?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 01:57:30 PM »
In A&D's case, and a few threads in here I'd imagine, deleted. Server moves can be funny that way. Good thing I never deleted my stuff from my computer.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
Re: Archived Images?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 04:52:05 AM »
FLO is correct, servermoves have decimeted a lot of the work that was uploaded to this site. My suggestion would be to use a dedicated image server, like Imageshack. Next to the fact that you'll probably never lose anything on it, they give the added bonus of thumbnailing your image so you can post them inline :)
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"