Author Topic: Don't think the post took. - JOAT sub-forum  (Read 8955 times)

Offline Rick King AIFD

• Veteran Member
  • official what-iffer
    • View Profile
Don't think the post took. - JOAT sub-forum
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »
I don't think the first post took........so I am re-posting.

There is no post new topic/poll/reply/ buttons on the Joat Forum anymore. I know it is not my PC as I have cleared all caches and refreshed page thrice.
........If I have failed, then I have failed while daring greatly, henceforth my place shall never be found amoung those timid souls who know not the thrill of victory or bitter defeat....

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
Re: Don't think the post took. - JOAT sub-forum
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »
I can still see all those buttons.

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »
I can see the post new topic buttons, but not the reply buttons.
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:17:37 AM »
Daft, did you only check in the Feeback thread in JoAT? If you did, you wouldn't have seen the reply button as the thread is locked.

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 09:35:53 AM »
They're back up now. I didn't click on the feedback thread, but the a random topic.
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 04:10:33 PM »
The feedback thread is locked, as only moderators are allowed to post in there; I've said so in the post as well that to reply on something that's been said in the feedback thread, you'll have to create a new topic ;)
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Rick King AIFD

• Veteran Member
  • official what-iffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »
On the main page of the sub-forum........before you access a particular post........across the blue bar at the top that lists the number of pages in the forum......All I see is a button that reads "Mark Posts read" - There IS NO new topic or new thread start button located on the opening page of the sub-forum.
........If I have failed, then I have failed while daring greatly, henceforth my place shall never be found amoung those timid souls who know not the thrill of victory or bitter defeat....

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
I see it just fine, myself. Mark As Read, Notify, New Topic, New Poll. As you would normally expect.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »
I see all the buttons too.  Maybe there's something wrong with your internet connection or something.  Sometimes it takes a while for all the buttons to show up sometimes when I'm using slow connections.  Are you seeing little "x" boxes or something where the buttons should be or is the bar just blank?
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”