Author Topic: Submission Images  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
Submission Images
« on: November 08, 2009, 10:47:50 PM »
Just a small question:

For submissions, if a ship design comes with a standard set of 5 orthographic views, do you prefer each elevation as a single image or all in one large image? I had a quick look over the submission page but didn't notice anything regarding this. Or do you not particularly care either way?

BSS and I are polishing off the Harrier prior to submitting it and this would be good to know before I make the final images.

Offline BorgMan

• Global Moderator
  • Artistic Assimilator
    • View Profile
    • Visionm.nl
Re: Submission Images
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 05:39:09 AM »
As far as I know it doesn't really matter, though I can imagine that certain people like having your image as a wallpaper. In that case I'd makea standard 1024 x 768 document with all the views in it :)
*Doorbell Sound*

"Hi, I am Elder 14 of 37 and this is my traveling companion Sister 29 of 128. We represent the Borg..."
"Oh Roddenbery, you guys again? Look, it's 8 in the morning and I don't have time for you OK? I told you last week..."
"But... Assimilation... Holopamflet!"
"Yeah right, you can leave it here but I'll throw it on the rest of the bunch I got from your other 'brothers' and 'sisters'. Now scram before I call the 8472 Squad!"

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 08:46:53 AM »
Either way would be fine for the JoAT. There is only a technical limit to the upload size of 200 kilobytes that is a server setting I can't change on my own. So if you like to have much detail, you either send separate images or, if you have more than fit into the form or bigger ones, send them in a separate e-mail.

Offline Greg

• Lord of Lava Lamp
  • Eminent Member
  • Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »
Righto, I'll see what works best once I've finished the updates. The largest image I have so far is 115kb, so the size limit shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the info :)