Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 7770 times)

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
Eve Online
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
Hey this came up at another forum I frequent so I figured I would ask it here... anyone else happen to play Eve Online? I started playing it back in June or July, played it for a couple months and then took a little break from it... basically I got so addicted I was playing non stop only taking breaks to go to work and make use of the washroom. Needless to say it was a problem at the time so I figured a break was in order, so just curious if there are any other players around here...

If you haven't heard of it I suggest you give it a shot, its actually a pretty decent game and you even get a 14 day free trial... what do you have to lose.
N.I.G.G.A. - Never Ignorant Gettin' Goals Acomplished
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
CIDvision :: the breen war :: trekonline

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:45:53 PM »
Just thought that I would bump this thread, I got an email from them offering me a free reactivation for five days or something and I decided to take it lol, would be cool if someone other people from around here would join up and take a kick at it... might be a welcome change from STO. Like I said before, they give you a 14 day free trial.

http://www.eveonline.com/

If anyone is interested send me a private message, they have a buddy/referal system going that will actually bump you up to a 30 day free trial if I send the invite.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:47:37 PM by Makaveli »
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
I've thought about playing for a while, and every time I see any sort of promotion for this game, it always looks exciting, but it also looks like it's a life consuming endeavor.  That being said, it probably would be better to give it a shot with someone who has played before.  So yeah, I'll give it a shot.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:41:46 PM by Jimi James »
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
Yea, I've gone back into it a few times... played for a month or two and then dropped out for a little while, it sure can get addictive. I got into mining for a while and even tho it was incredibly boring and dull I just couldn't stop doing it. The skill training is something that apparently they changed recently, before you actually had to wait for skills to be trained so that you could use the piece of equipment or the type of ship that you were aiming for. Hopefully they changed that. When you first start off its actually pretty easy to train skills and they only take a short amount of time but to get level 4 and 5 skills sometimes takes days to train... luckily they will train even when you arent logged in.

Keep in mind that its a fairly large download so might take a little time.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Yeah, the download looks like it's going to take about 4 hours.
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
I'll give it a try.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
Xero want me to send you an invite too?

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »
Sure
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »
Check the email addy you have on the forum, the request should be in there.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »
What faction are you, Mak?

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 08:33:22 PM »
My download still isn't finished. 

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »
Caldari... let me know when your online and what your name is, I'll meet you at a station or something and we can go from there. And thats shitty Jimi, hopefully it picks up soon.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »
It finally finished, just a few minutes ago.  I'll get started directly.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
Lol just be careful, sometimes you can get a little too into the character creator and lose track of time... Just make sure you sign up as a Caldari so we can play together.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »
Ok, I've finished my character....which was quite an in depth process.

My user name is jonmmay, my character's name is Renna Hakaari.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 11:02:47 PM »
Did you choose Caldari as your race? Let me know a system and I'll meet up with you.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm Caldari.  I'm docked at the Kisogo VII station right now.  Still going through the tutorials.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »
What system is that in?

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »
It's in the Kisogo system of the Kimotoro Constellation in the Forge Region.  It's the State War Academy.

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 05:41:47 AM »
EVE...

I played EVE for a while, a few years ago. Got bored with it and quit.

...to be entirely accurate, I got blown up, and then got bored putting together the parts for rebuilding my ship.

But maybe I should check back in and try again. I've forgotten what my character owns, so it should be interesting just for that.
Steady on.

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 02:50:17 PM »
I want to play this when I have a more capable computer.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
What you got for a computer now Data, I think the system requirements are pretty low...

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 04:39:51 PM »
Steady on.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 06:25:24 AM »
I lost my ship.  I warped into an area where some pirates or someone had a dampening field set up, at a station with turrets, on top of the four or five ships which were attacking me.  Needless to say, I was overwhelmed before I could warp back out of the system.  Now I'm stuck back with the ship I started with and it's not good enough to finish that mission.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
Well next time your on send me a message and I'll help you out with them... and I know that mission pretty well, I think I just focused on the ships one at a time and then started taking out the turrets. But anyways I got my ass handed to me in a low security system, I went there "ratting" (jump from asteroid belt to belt and attack the NPC baddies)... so I had just killed a couple other battle cruisers and was busy salvaging them when some guy jumped in, warp scrambled me and then kicked the shit outta me. So I ended up losing my Battlecruiser and all its equipment AND an entire cargohold full of salvage/other goodies I picked up after destroying the bad guys... probably about 5 million worth of stuff.

So now I'm out about 50million ship and everything included, needless to say I was a little pissed off.

Right now I'm waiting on a paypal payment to go through and some PLEX (Pilot License Extensions) to be delivered to me, you pay real money... like paying for another months gametime, but you can sell them in game if you want. Each of them costs about $15 and will net you about 300-350million in game. After my recent loss I decided I need to buy some expensive stuff and mining and stuff wasn't gonna get me there fast enough.