Author Topic: Star Trek Online Ship and Star Charts  (Read 215182 times)

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Ship and Star Charts
« Reply #1501 on: November 24, 2016, 03:52:53 AM »
Not sure if I like that spike on the bow of the Romulan one and I don't care for the Sutherland's deflector or nacelles, but other than that they're both nice.  Wouldn't mind some other views of the Klingon one though it looks like the bow will be ugly.
“The Elachi can send their entire fleet.  We will not fall.” – Ambassador Worf – Star Trek Online – “Sphere of Influence”

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 27, 2016, 08:02:33 PM »
Fun facts:
1) Here's an infographic about Console players. Out of 1.1 million players 59% are Tactical and a mere 19% are Science.  Only 12% play Romulan (which IMHO have the best faction-specific story arc).  The Negh'var is the most used KDF ship on both the PS4 and XBox One.
2) The guy who voices Va'Kel Shon also voices Hakeev (Dave Rivas).

I haven't finished updating the console version, but apparently Fleet Holdings, Admiralty, and DOff's are active on consoles now.
“The Elachi can send their entire fleet.  We will not fall.” – Ambassador Worf – Star Trek Online – “Sphere of Influence”

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 27, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »
Not sure if I like that spike on the bow of the Romulan one and I don't care for the Sutherland's deflector or nacelles, but other than that they're both nice.  Wouldn't mind some other views of the Klingon one though it looks like the bow will be ugly.

I kind of like the look of the Sutherland. I may buy it, because I've been dying for a T6 Nebula since the T6 ships were introduced.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 28, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »
In addition to what I mentioned before: crafting, Omega Rep, and Iconian Reps have been enabled.  Just need "Agents of Yesterday", three more reps, and the last two "Future Proof" missions.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 08, 2017, 10:59:56 AM »
Considering the timing, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he'll be involved in the anniversary event (at least).

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 08, 2017, 11:09:13 AM »
More then likely. They tend to use the Anniversary to release a new Featured Episode. Since they don't just use them for a single mission, I'm illing to bet we'll be seeing him in a few in the coming year.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 14, 2017, 09:48:52 AM »
So it looks like Season 12 comes out Jan. 26th and the next alien race we get to boldly shoot in the face is the Tzenkethi who are tied to a new Rep system commanded by Tony Todd's character.  Well Season 12 comes out for PC players at least, no telling when it will be available on consoles (considering there's still a few missing reps, parts of the "Future Proof" arc, and the Agents of Yesterday material not available on consoles).

On the one hand its nice the Tzenkethi aren't yet another rubber forehead alien, on the other they look a little too "generic sci-fi".  Also must hostile aliens always look so monstrous?

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #1509 on: January 14, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »
I want to get back into STO, but I'm so far behind and its been so long since I played that I can't even remember where I left off.

I might make a new character and start from scratch.

In regards to the Tzenkethi, I thought they were supposed to be feline in nature.
Also, maybe it's just me but their heads give me a very distinct Halo Elite vibe.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:52:10 PM by Jimi James »
Go buy my book: Method of Life
Also check out My Youtube Channel for Video Game Let's Play Vid's

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 14, 2017, 06:45:12 PM »
They are apparently based on how Robert Hewitt Wolfe imagined them when he came up with the name during the run of DS9.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 14, 2017, 07:50:55 PM »
I want to get back into STO, but I'm so far behind and its been so long since I played that I can't even remember where I left off.

I might make a new character and start from scratch.

As an altoholic, I am in favor of making new characters.  Even more so when you consider the fact that the Romulan and Cardassian story arcs have been completely rewritten since launch, so it makes sense to make a new character, not to mention the "new" FED tutorial.

However, I would recommend keeping your old character(s).  The Admiralty system is basically the DOff system with ships, allowing you to send ships of the same type that you own on missions.  So older characters who got the extra Admiral ship tokens and anniversary ship unlocks would have an advantage with this system.  My PS4 characters are stuck with the 6 free ships you get leveling up and the one or two shuttles you pick up during normal play, which severely limits the number of Admiralty missions I can do.

Perhaps running a new character mainly to see the new stuff and get up to speed on where your old character was?

In regards to the Tzenkethi, I thought they were supposed to be feline in nature.
Also, maybe it's just me but their heads give me a very distinct Halo Elite vibe.

According to Memory Alpha the name Tzenkethi is derived from the Kzinti (Larry Niven's cat people) and Tsankth (something from the RuneQuest and HeroQuest RPGs).  As Xero said the STO appearance is based on how Robert Hewitt Wolfe imagined them which was "heavily-armored lizard things".  In the Typhon Pact novels they appear as humanoids, but like Kif on Futurama they are supported by fluid filled sacs rather than bones.  Of course as the STO appearance differs from the novel appearance, it has resulted in a flamewar on the STO forums.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 25, 2017, 06:03:19 PM »
The NX refit is going to be added to the Lobi store, and it's going to be a T6!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10359403-undiscovered-lock-box-and-lobi-ship-stats

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 30, 2017, 04:35:18 PM »
That Romulan ship kinda reminds me of one from Klingon Academy.  I've never cared for the NX refit, but its nice that those that like it can get it now.

In other news, Agents of Yesterday comes out on consoles February 14th.

Also, here's an article comparing the original STO galaxy map with the new one (as of Season 12). 

Just for fun, there's 35 sectors in the Alpha Quadrant (as of Season 12, before then there's like 25 or so) and 42 in the Beta Quadrant, also remember that at least 70% (probably closer to 80%) of the story takes place in the Beta Quadrant, all three playable faction's HQ's are in the Beta Quadrant, and try not to laugh anytime someone goes on about the fate of the Alpha Quadrant.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 07, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
T6 Vesta variants, plus Romulan and KDF equivalents.  I like the inclusion of a ring warp drive on the Romulan ships, though on the whole I think the Engineering variant is the only one I like (mostly its the heads on the other two I don't like).  The Science variant of the Gorn ship is nice and the Fed ones are pretty cool.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:26 AM »
Played through the first few missions added with "Agents of Yesterday".  I think some of the cutscenes in "Battle of Caleb IV" are the best in the game (namely the one where you're following a Klingon ship and it loops around behind you).  Several times I was barely hanging on through fights (namely the one where the Nah'kul attack the Tholians and "Battle of Caleb IV".

The featured episode "Echos of Light" was nice, though the "follow the Gekli" part was annoying.  The pillar puzzle reminded me of the pillar puzzles from Skyrim.  I don't know if they changed D'Tan's voice actor or he did something different, but he sounded more like a "scheming Romulan" in the mission breifing for "Echos of Light" than normal.  Going to try to get that limited time Krenim Science ship.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 09, 2017, 02:42:27 AM »
I can haz an Enterprise-J? The Klingon equivalent is pretty cool looking, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Romulan one.  The Romulan frigate pet that comes with it has a retro feel to it.

Also, since I've got a lot of Voth Cybernetic Implants and Isomorphic Injectors laying around, are any of the Dyson or Undine rep's gear worth getting?  Or should I just run the projects to turn them in for dilithium?