Author Topic: $$$SGU "Awakening" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$  (Read 2068 times)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
Looks like there won't be any Rush v. Telford v. Young stuff for control of the ship since Telford got left behind on the seed ship.  Though I guess it's possible he could be back later if the aliens figure out how to work the ship and track Destiny down.  As for the seed ship itself it looked pretty cool, rather cramp on the inside (no surprising since it was designed to be automated).  I guess it had so much power because it needed it for the Stargate construction, though the fact that it was stopped might have had something to do with it.  Oh and Destiny has reverse facing engines, which I thought was a nice touch given there aren't clear reverse facing engines on most of the other Stargate ships.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: $$$SGU "Awakening" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 10:21:34 PM »
Another good episode and I doubt we've seen the last of Telford.  Its cool to see that they're keeping their promise about the aliens being truly alien looking on SGU.  See now Im of the opinion that these aliens aren't malevolent but we'll see what comes. 
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Broken Subspace Scene

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 02:05:02 PM »
Good, but not up to previous episodes.

I didn't think the aliens were malevolent either.  What were they up to after they initiated the power transfer and left the control room?  Hm.

One thing that did annoy me was the whole power transfer issue - not being able to send power back to Destiny from the seed ship to reverse the process.  They were JUST DOING THAT in an attempt to get the gate going.  Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to re-do what you were essentially doing a few minutes earlier.

I hope we haven't seen the last of Telford either.  It would have been interesting to see him as the voice of reason contrary to Young, while leaving room for suspicion that he was still affiliated with the Lucian Alliance.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:20:52 PM »
This is supposedly an outtake from Awakening, regardless it's pretty funny.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/10/telford-aliens-watch-this-outtake-from-sgus-awakening/
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.