Author Topic: The Walking Dead ***Spoilers***  (Read 20746 times)

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead ***Spoilers***
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
Was awesome. Too bad AMC fired Darabont.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »
I concur, on both counts.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
Indeed the season premiere was awesome. 

Who is Darabont?
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 04:43:50 AM »
Frank Darabont. The showrunner.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »
Not a shock.

BTW, don't go in Hershels barn.  ;D

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »
Damns, Shane is a total bastard...
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
  • Burn it all down and start over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »
Just when you thought he was going to elevate himself back to decent guy status he decides, "nope, I'm just going to be a total douche".
The battle of modern programming is one waged between the engineers trying to craft a bigger,better idiot-proof program and the universe trying to breed bigger, better idiots.  So far, the universe is winning.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 05:03:28 AM »
Shane took the coldly logical course of action. I'm actually glad Carl hasn't shot him in the neck like in the comics as he's one of the more interesting characters. Plus Otis was a racist fuckwit in the comics, so I don't care.

BTW, stay away from the fucking barn.

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 11:02:30 PM »
I believe we've finally found the barn. Knew that's what would happen as soon as they started acting antsy about it. But still, what the fuck, Herschel?
The battle of modern programming is one waged between the engineers trying to craft a bigger,better idiot-proof program and the universe trying to breed bigger, better idiots.  So far, the universe is winning.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »
He thinks they can be cured.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 12:13:43 AM »
Well at least they found Sophia... :(

New episodes start in February thankfully.  Siffy should take notes...

EDIT: The second half of the season starts February 12th to be more specific.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:39:34 AM by TNC »

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »
So, yeah, holy fuck. I was kinda expecting she'd turn up a walker but I was absolutely not expecting her to be in the barn. Makes you wonder though, how often did Herschel and Otis go hunting for walkers? She must've been bit pretty much right after she disappeared because it didn't seem like Herschel had time to go snare zombies after Rick and co. got to the farm.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »
I was half expecting Dale to shoot Shane after the barn tantrum.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 11:37:06 PM »
Spoilers:

If they go by the comic, Carl shoots Shane.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »
Good episode all around.  I half expected all of them to try and kill Shane, and wouldn't be surprised if he takes a bullet by the end of the season.

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 01:05:59 AM »
I'll admit, I was wishing that after Rick downed Sophia he would turn around and put one between Shane's eyes.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Flagg I think its safe to say all bets are off when it comes to the comic

I wonder if we'll get a Shane vs Rick thing going later this season.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 10:08:04 PM »

Yeah, though they seem to be taking broad strokes. Like the farm, the barn, Lori pregnant, Glenn and Maggie, and with Carl being given a gun...

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:16 AM »

Yeah, though they seem to be taking broad strokes. Like the farm, the barn, Lori pregnant, Glenn and Maggie, and with Carl being given a gun...

Lets also not forget Tyreese hasn't shown up yet

I'll have to follow your lead and reread the series so far again so I remember whats going on.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 01:31:51 AM »

I'll have to follow your lead and reread the series so far again so I remember whats going on.

I kinda doubt he will as T-Bone or whatever his name is is their token black guy. Though I wanna see Tyreese and Michone show up for sure. And I've read through past to where they are in the prison a few times now.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »

I kinda doubt he will as T-Bone or whatever his name is is their token black guy. Though I wanna see Tyreese and Michone show up for sure. And I've read through past to where they are in the prison a few times now.

They find all the black characters in prison...oy vey.  Actually I have heard that they've cast Tyreese.  Like you I cant wait for Michone

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:10 PM »

They find all the black characters in prison...oy vey.  Actually I have heard that they've cast Tyreese.  Like you I cant wait for Michone

Well of course that's where they find them all, it's Georgia.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2011, 01:11:12 AM »

They find all the black characters in prison...oy vey.  Actually I have heard that they've cast Tyreese.  Like you I cant wait for Michone

Well of course that's where they find them all, it's Georgia.

Oh Flagg you're a magnificent bastard. ;)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
Just a friendly reminder that the new season starts in about an hour.