Author Topic: $$$SGU "Resurgence" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$  (Read 2433 times)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
$$$SGU "Resurgence" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »
Telford's back!  Now we know that the ship Rush and Young got stuck on was one of the alien's (from the seed ship, the Ursini) ships.  The scenes with Destiny and the Seed Ship flying into the sun and away from the sun was really cool, as was the docked FTL jump.  I bet that Chloe either called the blue aliens, did something to fix Destiny's power problems, or repaired the FTL system and plotted a jump.

Hopefully we won't have to wait 6 months for the next episode...
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
Re: $$$SGU "Resurgence" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 10:47:48 PM »
Really quite an interesting episode, good cliff hanger. Some good stuff too. Loved it when the Seed ship and the Destiny came out of star

I bet that Chloe either called the blue aliens, did something to fix Destiny's power problems, or repaired the FTL system and plotted a jump.
Hopefully we won't have to wait 6 months for the next episode...

IIRC after hitting up the console, she said "it's too late" leads me to believe that she sent out coded and hidden distress/message for the blue aliens
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:00:08 PM by Jon »

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »
Awesome episode I was genuinly shocked to see the seed ship show up.  Its nice to finally see them follow up on Eli and Rush losing their prospective beaus.  I'll post more later.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »
I was shocked to see the seed ship show up too. Convenient, that. And those are some mean drones. Seems a dozen or so of them (shuttle-sized) can do what the same number of blue-alien ships (bigger than Destiny) can't.

I liked this episode. The twists along the way feel like actual twists, rather than the 'I did not see that coming' variety. Gives it a nice air of "shit just happening" rather than "The Great Plan Unfolding". I also like how everyone seems to take being about to be blown up so calmly. Genuinely.

I'm not sure I see why you think Rush and Eli are 'finally' being dealt with. We've had one episode in which it was sort of shoved in the background. Emotional breakdowns take time.

Oh, and I like how the Ursini were introduced obliquely and disjointedly, rather than just dumped in our laps all at once as new friends or new foes.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:29:20 PM by The Unbound »
Steady on.

Offline Broken Subspace Scene

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 08:55:49 PM »
I really liked the Rush-Eli scene, and Rush nudging Eli to talk to Camille.  It kind of picked up the theme of Rush as a mentor or even a sort of father figure. 

Pretty epic episode on all counts.  It seemed that there were at least a dozen drones in the first attack (that blew up in the star), and while there were only a dozen or so on the threat board, it seemed like far more than that when the second battle actually happened.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »
^^^I enjoyed that.  Plus it was nice that of all people it was Rush and camille who tried to talk to Eli.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J