Author Topic: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier  (Read 1747 times)

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
« on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:41 AM »
Just watched the trailer for this game and it looks sweet. I'm already digging the Predator style should mounted missle system. If they do have live actors instead of computer ones, it'll be something we haven't seen since the 80's so hoppefully these will a lot better than those, who were really cheesey in that year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGPf_h0pLzU&feature=channel
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:32:23 AM »
It's just a live action trailer. One that's been out for months.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »
Too Bad. I find myself wishing this was the game.

Anyway, i find it interesting that cloaking wasn't given to the Sniper on the rooftop of the building since they are about Stealth.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:51:12 AM by White Wolf »
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 01:00:06 PM »
How the fuck could they have a game where it was all live action?
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »
Anyway, i find it interesting that cloaking wasn't given to the Sniper on the rooftop of the building since they are about Stealth.

Technically, snipers aren't so much about stealth as being too far away to properly engage. Whereas the scout actually has to get up close, and would get much more use out of the stealth ability as portrayed in this trailer.
"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles