Author Topic: BUG REPORT  (Read 44351 times)

Offline The Daft Punk

• An Erotic Adventurer Of The Most Deranged Kind
    • View Profile
BUG REPORT
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:11:03 AM »
HAI GUYS. I uploaded a new avatar that's a .gif, but it seems to be frozen. How do I fix this?
Harder.Better.Faster.Stronger
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."
- "Snow Crash", Neal Stephenson

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
Re: BUG REPORT
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »
My suggestion, check the size of it... make sure it falls within the standards and then reupload it.
N.I.G.G.A. - Never Ignorant Gettin' Goals Acomplished
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
CIDvision :: the breen war :: trekonline

Offline The Daft Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »
It's 410 Kb, that help? I uploaded it straight off of the URL.
~~~~~~~~
"Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 04:44:39 PM »
I tried an animated gif as well, of considerably smaller size, and couldn't get it to work.  I also took a look through some of the settings and didn't see any sort of clear indications that there was something like a 'disable animated avatars' option.  I have another look, just to be sure though.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:51:26 AM »
Out of curiosity, I tried uploading an animated gif as well. Seems to work...
Steady on.

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
It's 410 Kb, that help? I uploaded it straight off of the URL.

The forum will automatically convert avatars over a certain size into a PNG file... I just looked at the info for the avatar you posted and its only about 20k.
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline The Daft Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »
In my defense I was drunk when I posted that.
~~~~~~~~

Offline Makaveli

• Administrator
  • Board Legend
  • N.I.G.G.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
I see you got it working now lol

Offline The Daft Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »
yeah i reuploaded it to imageshack and rezized it. Whack.
~~~~~~~~