Author Topic: Thundercats get new series for 2011.  (Read 8120 times)

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
Thundercats get new series for 2011.
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »
sThe announcement of a new "Thundercats" animated series scheduled to premiere this year was one of the biggest stories of 2010 here on Splash Page, so we've kept on the lookout for any more details we can bring you about the upcoming return of Lion-O and the rest of the gang from Thundera.

Well, here's a big one, folks: it looks like we have our very first image of the cast of the series as they'll appear in their new animated form.

Posted over at Bleeding Cool, the photo of a "Thundercats" promo poster was taken at this year's London Toy Fair, and features Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, and Tygra. The series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation with noted Japanese animation Studio4°C (“The Animatrix,” “Gotham Knights”) giving the characters a "21st Century reimagining" for the project.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/25/thundercats-image/

Will this series be as cheesy as the last one?
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Re: Thundercats get new series for 2011.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
It would be hard to be as cheesy as the original.  I was a huge Thundercats fan back in the day, still holding out for a live action movie, so I'll definitely check this out when it airs.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »
What, no Snarf?  How can you have a Thundercats series with out Snarf?!?!  Oh, Snarf!

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
  • Burn it all down and start over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 08:19:57 PM »
I'm going to necro this because I come bearing a trailer. And frankly it looks like it could be awesome.
The battle of modern programming is one waged between the engineers trying to craft a bigger,better idiot-proof program and the universe trying to breed bigger, better idiots.  So far, the universe is winning.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »
Hmm looks interesting.  Though I prefer the post-apocolyptic feel of the original.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 12:36:27 AM »
Oh my, that was impressive.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:27:02 PM »
This just keeps looking better and better.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline MageGrayWolf

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • JKcoder
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 04:34:19 AM »
Cartoon Networks page on the show.
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/thundercats/index.html

I think this looks great so far. Thought I don't much care for the new look of Snarf, WilyKit and WilyKat. I have a feeling Lion-O's new skinnier look might take some getting use to as well.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 02:36:40 PM »
That brings back memories.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 05:46:33 PM »
New Thundercats airs tonite on Cartoon Networks.  Check local TV lists for times
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »
The Thunder-Thunder-Thunder-Thundercat Ho' wears even less.

See what I did there? Clever, yes?
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »
No.

I liked it and I'm glad they didn't just do a remake of the original.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »
No sense of humor... sad.  :P
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 10:53:50 PM »
Humor...it is a difficult concept.  It is not logical.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 02:12:36 AM »
The Thunder-Thunder-Thunder-Thundercat Ho' wears even less.

See what I did there? Clever, yes?

[Butt-head voice]Huh, huh.  He said "ho".[/Butt-head voice]  :P

Anywho, I liked it.  It was nice that it's a sequel and not just another reboot as there are so many of them floating around these days.  New Snarf looks a bit too much like something from Pokemon but I guess I'll give a pass for that since he never said Snarf the entire time (hell, he didn't say anything really).

Now all I need is a new Silverhawks series and I can really nerd out 80's style...
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline MageGrayWolf

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • JKcoder
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 05:07:17 AM »

Now all I need is a new Silverhawks series and I can really nerd out 80's style...

That and a new Ghostbusters cartoon.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
Volton or nothing.

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
  • Burn it all down and start over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 05:55:29 PM »
Volton or nothing.
You rang?

I swear, nothing from my childhood is safe anymore.
The battle of modern programming is one waged between the engineers trying to craft a bigger,better idiot-proof program and the universe trying to breed bigger, better idiots.  So far, the universe is winning.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
I'm still holding out for a live action Voltron movie.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »

That and a new Ghostbusters cartoon.

They probably want a 3rd movie first before they go down that route.

What no love for Inhumanoids

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/slnduh/cinemassacre-inhumanoids

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 10:27:32 AM »
Wow, I'm impressed.   None of the characters were cheesy, especially Mum-ra.  Thunderans themselves have grown arrogant over the centuries, very interesting. I'm looking forward to more.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »
I completly forgot about it.  I'll have to see if its on demand.

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »
I completly forgot about it.  I'll have to see if its on demand.

In Youtube. Watch it while you can before CN starts Bitching.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1doVhGJn-mw

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aojCNjpgJss&feature=related

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqWLmRBptpw

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile