Author Topic: Thundercats get new series for 2011.  (Read 8119 times)

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thundercats get new series for 2011.
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
^^^ Or That  :P  ^^^
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »
Mum-Ra's definitely more evil in the new series not one dimesionmal as he was in the old series. The new series keeps getting better.
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Stoo

• an all too ordinary story
  • Global Moderator
  • Eminent Member
    • View Profile
    • A Force for Good
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 05:57:24 AM »
I've been following this one with positive impression so far. Animation is great, stories pretty good. That one with the flower-people was surprisingly moving. The way Lion-O learns a lesson each episode tends clunky\obivous way, but eh, it's a kids cartoon.

The setting I think has a lot more potential than the "crashed on a random planet" stuff of before. Now we know the cats, the other animals and Mumraaaaaa have history. And the cats were actually working for him, which is intriguing.

re: characters, I prefer the teenage version of LionO to the man-child of the original. Snarf is much less annoying this time around. Also I don't mind the Wilykits, and I usually hate kid sidekicks.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »
Yes, Snarf is so much better when he can't talk...

In the episode where Lion-O opened the Book of Omens and wound up reliving the events that lead to them arriving on Third Earth there was a scene where Leo/Lion-O and Mum-ra were watching the attack on that planet with the Warstone on a screen and there was a shot of the bad guy from Silverhawks (at least I'm pretty sure it was the bad guy from Silverhawks).  Did anyone else notice this?
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Edymnion

• Veteran Member
  • Stuck in the 80's
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
Its a shame about this one.  I liked it, but its currently in limbo.
Not cancelled, but not renewed either.  The producing studio says its asked CN about it repeatedly and just has not gotten an answer one way or the other about if there is going to be more.