Author Topic: $$$SGU "Deliverance" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$  (Read 2310 times)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
Pretty good episode.  Chloe did call the blue aliens, they sent three ships which distracted the drones long enough for Destiny to blow the command ship to hell.  Those drones are pretty bad-ass taking out two of the blue alien ships.

Anywho, the scene with the arrival of the second command ship and it launching it's drones was pretty cool.  I wonder if the blue aliens really un-did what they did to Chloe or if they just made it look like they did (or un-did it then re-did it).  Sad to see the seed ship and the Ursini go though.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: $$$SGU "Deliverance" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:19:33 AM »
Good episode.  Its nice to be rid of Chloe's ailment.  Sad to see the Ursini go I was hoping a couple of them would end up staying on Destiny. 
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Broken Subspace Scene

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »
Not a bad ep.  I'm having trouble deciding if it was only just an okay episode, or if it's much harder to enjoy knowing the show is getting canceled and the overall plot left unresolved anyway.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
I'd be inclined to say the latter, myself.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »
I liked this episode better then the one which set it up.  I thought the mid-season cliff hanger was sort of all over the place and not their strongest effort (probably my least favorite episode so far), but this one really pulled everything together and drove the story home...at least in terms of concluding the story they set up.

I wish there had been a bit more with the interaction between Greer and Chloe, based on their previous discussion of Greer being the one that might ultimately have to deal with her.  As far as Chloe and the blue aliens, I wondered also if perhaps they simply finished whatever they had started to do originally but hadn't had a chance to complete because Rush came in and rescued her.  For all we know, the changes we saw in her were a reaction of the alterations being incomplete resulting in the physical changes we saw.  If the alterations are complete then maybe they're so well hidden, that TJ can't detect them, with whatever limited equipment she has on Destiny.

They're really in their groove now as far as the humor with Rush, Eli, Brody, and Volker.  The stuff they do and say isn't always meant to be funny, but the way they deliver it with such a dead pan sarcastic tone, it comes off as really funny.

I'm hoping now that this story with these aliens is largely done, the remaining episodes get on with Destiny's Mission.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.