Author Topic: $$$SGU "The Hunt" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$  (Read 2333 times)

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
So the Pandoran panther thing decided to not eat T.J. and Corporal Redshirt because they were smart enough to make fire...  Not sure I buy that.  At least Varro got to do something this episode.

The side story with Eli and Brody messing around with the stasis pods against Rush's wishes was a little amusing.

Only 4 more episodes left.  :(
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Re: $$$SGU "The Hunt" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)$$$
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 02:10:34 PM »
I think the biggest surprise for me was Greer, himself. He's come a long way since he came on board Destiny. I'm almost positive that a year ago, he probably would have shot that one at the end and not thought twice about it.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
Good episode the bits with Varro and Greer were cool.  I like that they're really doing a great job of fleshing out these background characters.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Broken Subspace Scene

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »
The side story with Eli and Brody messing around with the stasis pods against Rush's wishes was a little amusing.

Only 4 more episodes left.  :(

Mm, the cancellation feels like such a bummer after good episodes.

Did anyone else find the Brody thing felt weird/had sort of a darker undertone?  He was obviously trying to teach Eli a lesson, haha, but it was kind of a hardcore way to do it, which put Brody at risk.  Rush was clearly using Brody as a guinea pig, as he commented 'hm, interesting' or something to that effect after the diagnostic. 

I think the 'teaching Eli a lesson' wasn't just to get Eli to stop being a punkass, it was almost to bring him back in line and take him down a peg after Eli bitterly saved his brain last episode.

Was the Volker subplot semi-pointless?  I guess it was reasonably well done, I'm just not sure I get the longterm point.  It seems like they've already done the whole "friend zone" scenario extensively with Chloe-Eli-Matt. 

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »
Just a friendly reminder that Syfy is moving SGU again.  It will be on Monday at 9pm Eastern, starting tomarrow.  Also it appears as though they will start rerunning the previous week's episode an hour before the new episode premieres.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »
Redundant, but nice idea on their part.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Jon

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »
Moving it foward an hour to take up the time slot that Being Human was in. Nothing to really note about.