Author Topic: Are you capable of killing: Thought provoking quiz.  (Read 8821 times)

Offline White Wolf

• Distinguished Member
    • View Profile
Are you capable of killing: Thought provoking quiz.
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »
http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_capable_of_killing

This what i got: Probability of killing, 31%

You havent seen much, exept a few injuries and of course on TV. You may have a few problems with yourself and others from here to there, but there is a great chance you wont ever get pushed that far.

Edit: I put this here because this quiz deal with real life.
Human Nature. Without a common enemy , men will look for foes in the one place they can guarantee finding one: The Past. -Eoforth, Sigmar's right hand man,

A mind without a purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor, Inquisitor of the Imperium of Mankind.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Are you capable of killing: Thought provoking quiz.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »
Hmm higher than I imagined.

Probability of killing, 42%

So you have problems with enemies, maybe dont have a high enough self-esteem, or play a few violent videogames. Cutting it a little close there. Try to keep your cool, alright?
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:38:17 PM »
Probability of killing, 36%

So you have problems with enemies, maybe dont have a high enough self-esteem, or play a few violent videogames. Cutting it a little close there. Try to keep your cool, alright?
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Jedigreedo

• Veteran Member
  • Red Shirt Says Aaggghh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »
Probability of killing, 54%

You have probably seen death. You watch too many horror flicks, play too much violent videogames, or probably exposed to death by where you live. or maybe you have lots of problems with enemies or have little self-esteem. The factors add up that you need to avoid situations or people that could push you to that point.

I think it'd only ever be in self-defense, though.  The problem with killing someone just for the sake of killing someone is that I know if I actually managed to "get away with it," I wouldn't be able to keep quiet about it.  I'd have to brag to someone.  That would most likely be what inevitably gets me caught, so it's probably best to just not try such a thing.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we woke up!"

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:38:18 PM »

Probability of killing, 55%
You have probably seen death. You watch too many horror flicks, play too much violent videogames, or probably exposed to death by where you live. or maybe you have lots of problems with enemies or have little self-esteem. The factors add up that you need to avoid situations or people that could push you to that point.

Fear me! Please...?
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »
64% bitches.

Offline Hobbes

• Veteran Member
  • Cinnamon! No!
    • View Profile
    • Federation Starship Datalink
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »
46%

The military questions were a bit broad.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Federation Starship Datalink

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:23:04 PM »

Fear me! Please...?

Canadians dont kill people.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Torlek

• Veteran Member
  • Burn it all down and start over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:29 PM »
46%

The military questions were a bit broad.
Never mind the whole, "Have you ever played violent video games or watched violent movies? If so you have more than likely killed and will probably kill again," thing going on.
The battle of modern programming is one waged between the engineers trying to craft a bigger,better idiot-proof program and the universe trying to breed bigger, better idiots.  So far, the universe is winning.

Offline Hobbes

• Veteran Member
  • Cinnamon! No!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »
I just meant that not everyone in the military was involved in direct combat.  As an EW/CTT I worked in the intelligence side, on a ship I worked in the CIC icebox.  I never killed, saw someone killed or injured.  Instead my job mostly just entailed monitoring and reporting on other countries military activities.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 05:25:34 AM »
64% bitches.
We're not surprised.  :P
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
46%

I knew it!
Steady on.

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 10:53:31 AM »

Fear me! Please...?

Canadians dont kill people.

Oh, we do. We're just REALLY good at hiding the evidence.

Offline Indefatigable

• Deo Adjuvante
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »
51%, got the same comments as Xero.

It's 100% if you count animals.  I deliberately killed a Vole once, it was badly injured because the cat had got it, so I chopped it in half with a spade.  Not quite what I was aiming to do, and I wasn't exactly happy about it afterwards.
Still rambling away...

Offline Hobbes

• Veteran Member
  • Cinnamon! No!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »
Although I think the most murderous activities in Canada comes during hockey games.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 01:36:32 AM »

It's 100% if you count animals.  I deliberately killed a Vole once, it was badly injured because the cat had got it, so I chopped it in half with a spade.  Not quite what I was aiming to do, and I wasn't exactly happy about it afterwards.

Pussy.

Offline Indefatigable

• Deo Adjuvante
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »

Pussy.

If you can kill a helpless, wounded animal by cutting it in half, then sit and watch it's head gasping for breath about six inches from your face without some qualms, then I'm very glad we're on opposite sides of the Atlantic.
Still rambling away...

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »

Pussy.

If you can kill a helpless, wounded animal by cutting it in half, then sit and watch it's head gasping for breath about six inches from your face without some qualms, then I'm very glad we're on opposite sides of the Atlantic.

That's fucked up what you did. You have to destroy the brain, not cut it in half and watch it die slowly you sick fuck.

Offline Indefatigable

• Deo Adjuvante
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »

Pussy.

That's fucked up what you did. You have to destroy the brain, not cut it in half and watch it die slowly you sick fuck.

Changed your tune?

How easy do you think it is to aim at something that small?  I did get the head on the third attempt, but it took time to set up, and the first one caught the middle of the body.  Still better than letting the cat play with it for the next half-hour, and it was dying anyway.  It was not a pleasant experience, and if anyone can do it without any feeling, they certainly are fucked up.
Still rambling away...

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »
There are better ways then preforming a ritualistic sacrifice!

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »

Pussy.

Changed your tune?

How easy do you think it is to aim at something that small?  I did get the head on the third attempt, but it took time to set up, and the first one caught the middle of the body.  Still better than letting the cat play with it for the next half-hour, and it was dying anyway.  It was not a pleasant experience, and if anyone can do it without any feeling, they certainly are fucked up.

No, you're still a pussy. And one with bad aim. I killed a mole my dogs had been torturing with one swift hit to the head with a shovel. It's not hard.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
I would have just let the cat/dog kill it on their own.  It's the circle of life bitches.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Indefatigable

• Deo Adjuvante
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 06:47:06 AM »
I'm still curious as to other people's reactions if they've had to kill something, and will try not to be judgemental about it.  Has anyone here ever been shooting for instance?  The fact that I cocked it up might make some difference to my own.
Still rambling away...

Offline Data007

• Eminent Member
  • What? You don't have voices in your head?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:01 PM »
Probability of killing, 47%

"Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably." Judge Aaron Satie

New Haven Chronicles