Author Topic: Star Trek XII news thread possible $$$$spoilers$$$$.  (Read 62220 times)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Re: Star Trek XII news thread possible $$$$spoilers$$$$.
« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:33 AM »
I really like the new Theme Music, which is a longer version of the Enterprising Young Men track from the 2009 film.
The London Calling track, which is part of the longer John Harrison theme, is good too.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 11, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
Trekcore has put together an article detailing all the deleted scenes that were available with the various distributions of the film.  Perhaps most interestingly is the scene which shows a large model of the original TOS Constitution class in the background of Admiral Marcus's office.  The USS Biddeford (NCC-0718), which of course isn't any canon Connie we've ever seen before.
http://trekcore.com/blog/2014/03/exclusive-into-darkness-deleted-scenes-part-ii/
http://trekcore.com/blog/2014/02/exclusive-into-darkness-deleted-scenes-part-i/
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »
I saw that a couple days ago.  I wonder what the signifigance is?
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 09, 2014, 08:35:13 PM »
So apparently Roberto Orci is in the front running for Star Trek 3 director.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=99741

Im a bit torn as I'd rather they'd have gone for somebody more experienced but Orci is quite familiar with this cast and crew so he should do a good job.  Lets see how it works.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2014, 05:12:13 PM »
I'd be willing to take someone with little/no experience over someone proven to be bad at it. Don't get me wrong, if they find somebody who's proven that they know what they're doing I'll go for whoever they pick.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »
I vote for Stuart Baird.  After all, he had the wisdom to realize that we fans wouldn't accept Shinzon was Picard's clone unless he was bald. :P

(According to the TVTropes page for Nemesis)
Viewers Are Morons: The shooting script actually did specify that Shinzon was supposed to have hair, as did the younger Picard seen in a photograph. However, Rick Berman and Stuart Baird decided that the viewers would not accept Shinzon as being like a young version of Picard unless he was also bald.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2014, 05:46:51 PM »
There's been a #StopOrcii2014 campaign going on Twitter and Tumblr for the past few weeks.  Apparently, people are upset with his portrayal of female characters and lack there of, as well as his characterization of Kirk as a ladies man.  So if he does get the job, expect to hear even more complaining than usual.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 10, 2014, 11:24:29 PM »
Well thats just lovely.  I'll agree that the next Trek movie (and series for that matter) should have a larger female presence (Number One anybody) but as Bond pointed out "ID" didn't really have the issues some fans made out.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2014, 07:31:18 PM »
There's been a #StopOrcii2014 campaign going on Twitter and Tumblr for the past few weeks.  Apparently, people are upset with his portrayal of female characters and lack there of, as well as his characterization of Kirk as a ladies man.  So if he does get the job, expect to hear even more complaining than usual.

Um... Did they not watch TOS?  (Though to be fair, he probably got seduced as much as he did the seducing...)
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »

Um... Did they not watch TOS?  (Though to be fair, he probably got seduced as much as he did the seducing...)

Considering some of the complaints Ive heard regarding the last movie Im beginning to wonder that myself.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 13, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »
Well its confirmed...

http://trekmovie.com/2014/05/13/roberto-orci-named-director-of-star-trek-3/#comment-5216747

#1 Im glad that Paramount isn't resting on its laurels this time.  #2 Good luck Mr Orci.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 23, 2014, 10:21:54 PM »
Well we knew it would happen.

http://trekmovie.com/2014/06/23/new-compendium-blu-ray-set-compiles-star-trek-2009-into-darkness-imax-new-bonus-features/

Normally I dont double dip but I dont own Trek XI on bluray and STID had a less than stellar release so I'll pick it up.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
Yeah, I was expecting a mega release for Darkness. I wasn't expecting to see a release that featured both movies. I'll think about this.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »
A new interview with Roberto Orci.

http://trekmovie.com/2014/06/26/orci-hints-at-new-setting-and-aliens-for-next-star-trek-talks-directing-kirk-sex-gay-character-more/#more-36875

I rather like his approach so far.

Orci: We have discussed [the challenges of creature design]. The advantage we have is there is new technology available. Even though I am a fan and I know JJ is a fan of as much practical sets and creature design you can do, we can also augment it with the technology that exists today, CGI. So in a way we have a freedom that is a little bit unexplored. I hope to do that in the next Star Trek.

I would love to see some more exotic aliens.  Melkotians, Tholians, Horta, Gorn bring it on I say.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 27, 2014, 06:23:13 AM »
So long as the Gorn look more like this than this, I'll be happy.  Otherwise, NERDRAGE BOYCOTT!!!1!  >:( >:(  :P

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:15 AM »
Yeah you and me both.  Normally Im one for practical effects over CG but that Gorn mask looked terrible.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2014, 09:50:41 AM »
Not only does the Gorn mask look terrible, it's too damn human looking.  We've had oodles and oodles of rubber forehead/suit aliens, it's time for Trek to have some aliens that have to be CGI or animatronics or something like that (i.e. the CGI Gorn and Tholians from IaMD).

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
So apparently they're filming in south korea.

http://trekmovie.com/2014/09/30/mayor-of-seoul-met-star-trek-2016-team-to-talk-about-filming-in-korea/

Im glad that they're going for more exotic locales.

Offline Bernd

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Lord of the Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
I'm glad that they acknowledge Earth is bigger than the US. London was a good place but Seoul is even better.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
Lets hope they can get him...

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2015/02/new-star-trek-3-rumors/

Jessica Chobot at Nerdist news recommended Emily Blunt for the captain.  Thats a good choice too.

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 05, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »
I heard about him being looked at yesterday. I would be pleased if they get him, even if it isn't for the part they want him for.

Offline Starlost

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 06, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »
Not only does the Gorn mask look terrible, it's too damn human looking.  We've had oodles and oodles of rubber forehead/suit aliens, it's time for Trek to have some aliens that have to be CGI or animatronics or something like that (i.e. the CGI Gorn and Tholians from IaMD).

I'd buy that for a buck and throw in 5 more for a tip.......
Life is a sexually transmitted social disease

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile

Online Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »
I could see him as a Klingon, but I'm not sure if it'd be as one of the big 3 though.