Author Topic: Star Trek XII news thread possible $$$$spoilers$$$$.  (Read 62159 times)

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
Re: Star Trek XII news thread possible $$$$spoilers$$$$.
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »
Rumor is, the new movie is called Star Trek Into Darkness.
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
  • Stuck in the middle of nowhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »
It might be more than just rumor... http://trekmovie.com/2012/09/07/exclusive-star-trek-sequel-title-confirmed/

While Paramount themselves haven't confirmed the title name they have registered two domain names that contain "Star Trek Into Darkness".  Also I must say that the title looks a little weird with no colon.
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
It could just be a typo.
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
According to the article they specifically choose to leave the colon out of the title, for whatever reason...
“Battle is not a simulation. It’s blood and screams and funerals.” – Capt. Georgiou – Star Trek: Discovery – “The Vulcan Hello”

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »
Based solely on this bit of news and nothing else, my Official Boycott of this film is now in effect.  Anyone that speaks positively of it, is dead to me. 

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
Based solely on this bit of news and nothing else, my Official Boycott of this film is now in effect.  Anyone that speaks positively of it, is dead to me. 

So you're willing to become a surrogate CX this time around? Nice. I haven't called someone Meathead in awhile.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 07:42:54 PM »

So you're willing to become a surrogate CX this time around? Nice. I haven't called someone Meathead in awhile.

So I should just avoid this thread for the next, however long it takes for the movie to come out, to avoid having my eyes bleed from all the point-counterpoint arguing and "funny" pictures? :P

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
Sounds like a good title to me.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
But he must do a sentence by sentence breakdown of everyone's posts, make sweeping generalizations, pull things out of his ass (so we can post facts), and then deny whatever is said.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Edymnion

• Veteran Member
  • Stuck in the 80's
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
Clearly they should have called it "Star Trekking Across the Universe".

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
The first 9 minutes of Into Darkness, will be shown before the Hobbit, though only in IMAX theaters.
http://trekweb.com/articles/2012/11/15/MAJOR-NEWS-First-9-Minutes-of-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-To-Appear-Before-IMAX-3D-Showings-of-The-Hobbit-Opening-December-14th-.shtml

I think this is a bad idea.  As much as I want to see something from the new film, bootleg copies of this will no doubt end up online and will be the first real look we get of the film, as opposed to posters, a teaser, or even a full trailer.  Maybe we'll get a teaser trailer before then, but you know what they say about first impressions. 

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 05:57:14 PM »
First 3 frames now 9 minutes... I feel like I missed something here. That said, you're right Jimi, first impressions are everything.
Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:53 PM »
They're aping the Dark Knight I see.  Look Im just interested in the teaser trailer.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
So apparently there will be no Trek trailer attached to the Hobbit.  This mentions a trailer though, which doesn't jive with the 9 minute preview.  ( minutes is hardly a trailer...so at this point, who knows.

Not only is the first installment of Peter Jackson's long-gestating The Hobbit coming next month, but now word has it that the trailers for two highly anticipated superhero movies will be attached to the film as well.

Latino Review noticed that The Lebanese Cinema Movie Guide has the scoop on The Wolverine and Man of Steel trailers, both of which are expected to bow with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 14th.

Additionally, it looks like previous reports of a Star Trek Into Darkness trailer accompanying The Hobbit were incorrect. Look for a different trip into darkness, however, with the trailer for The Hangover 3 coming the last week of December.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/wolverine-and-man-of-steel-trailer-dates

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »
We've got some new info, though its vague and no specifics on the villain yet.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/star-trek-into-darkness-synopsis-revealed?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

This is listed as the official plot synopsis from Paramount.

"In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.   When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.   With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.   As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew."

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2012, 08:14:44 AM »
Star Trek Into Darkness....heart of Darkness.  Makes sense now.  Sounds like a Heart of darkness/ Apocolypse Now type story Im intrigued.

Offline slash78

• Prolific Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »
A "one-man weapon of mass destruction"?  KHAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!  KHAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!  KHAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »
I've heard a lot of people say they think it might be Gary Mitchel.  From a strictly canon perspective, he fits the description better than Khan I think, though seeing as how this is an alternate reality where anything goes, it could just as likely be Khan, shoehorned into the role.

Offline TNC

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »
Well "unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization" makes it sound like a rouge Starfleet officer, and last I checked Khan wasn't a Starfleet officer.  Although as Jimi said this is an alternate reality so who knows.  And that description could be about the Genesis Device (I hope not though).

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »
Based off of what happened in the original timeline, I can think of 2 or 3 candidates off the top of my head. Mitchell, Garth and maybe Capt. Tracey.

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Administrator
  • Minor Board Deity
  • Licensed to Ban
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2012, 05:44:37 AM »
Official teaser poster:

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Looks like London is gonna get blown up, judging by the London Eye and "the Gherkin" amongst the city ruins.

Obvious inspiration for the poster:

And here's a big unlabeled wide shot if anyone wants to make a desktop out of it or something:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:46:34 AM by Bond, James Bond »

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2012, 07:53:36 AM »
Reminds me of the Joker poster from TDK. I like it.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2012, 07:56:49 AM »
I like it as well and the animated version on the website is pretty cool.

Hopefully a teaser/trailer isn't far off now.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
Well thats hardcore.

Offline Fiery Little One

• Distinguished Member
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser.