Author Topic: Science RULES!  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Edymnion

• Veteran Member
  • Stuck in the 80's
    • View Profile
Science RULES!
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »
I would just like to take this moment to point out that we currently have a remote controlled robotic tank on the surface of an alien planet sporting a laser beam that can vaporize rock at range, and we're currently just tooling it around disintegrating anything that catches our fancy just because we can.

I. Love. Living. In. The. Future!

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
Re: Science RULES!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »
It's not the future until we get our hovercars!
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile

Offline Xero

• Board Legend
  • Let the big man do his job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
Then it's official. it's the future.
"Well Steve, I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it." - Bill Gate's response to Steve Jobs' accusation of theft.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
  • All things not of this world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »
When are the sexbots gonna be available.  Oh and when can we grind up seniors into Soylent Green.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:20:30 PM by Razor »
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"
High priest in the Cult of J

Offline Flagg

• Board Legend
  • Gotham's Reckoning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »
Oh and when can we grind up seniors into Soylent Green.

When Mitt Romney gets elected.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »
Oh and when can we grind up seniors into Soylent Green.

When Mitt Romney gets elected.

*Cackles maniacally* Oh the irony.
“The boat dipped and swayed and sometimes took on water, but it did not sink; the two brothers had waterproofed it well. I do not know where it finally fetched up, if it ever did; perhaps it reached the sea and sails there forever, like a magic boat in a fairytale. All I know is that it was still afloat and still running on the breast of the flood when it passed the incorporated town limits of Derry, Maine, and there it passes out of this tale forever.” ― Stephen King, It"

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 01:13:16 AM »
I'd also like to point out that we've got a probe that has just (or is just about to) entered interstellar space and its still sending back information....Booya!

Offline Edymnion

• Veteran Member
  • Stuck in the 80's
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
And we already have the sexbots.  Was just reading about it in a Cracked article the other day.  Look up "Roxxxy" if you dare.

Offline Razor

• Board Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 12:35:31 AM »
*Looks up Roxxxy*

....oh...........my...........God.

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »
That was moderately creepifying.
Steady on.

Offline Jimi James

• So Say We All
  • Administrator
  • Distinguished Member
  • Abandon Ship
    • View Profile
    • The New Haven Chronicles
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »
And to bring us all down a bit, Neil Armstrong is dead.
http://gizmodo.com/5937867
https://www.patreon.com/JonMichaelMay
Help me make art, by joining me on Patreon. Various subscriptions tiers are in place, allowing you to support my addictive art habit for as little as $1 a month.

Offline The Unbound

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 06:03:43 AM »
Hm...

This was forseen.

But it's still sad, obviously.
Steady on.